Android for Lenovo Yoga 13

Tip us?

ussasx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question Android for Lenovo Yoga 13

Hi All,
I have been a long time XDA user, and follow and utilize a number of threads for my android devices!
(
For the first time ever i have not been able to find what I'm looking for and so I send out a plea for help (or lay out a challenge if people prefer them) !!

I have a lenovo yoga 13 and can run a live version of android 4.2 however i do not want to complete a hard drive install due to the lack of support for the wifi and BT.

I was wandering if anyone would be able to create a yoga 13 ROM including the driver for the realtek RTL8723a wifi/bt chip.
This has been working on Ubuntu elsewhere.

My knowledge does not extend passed installing ROMs so the process to learn this is beyond my grasp. I am happy to donate to developers should this help!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ussasx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ussasx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I would love to do this myself but would not even know where to begin.

I have managed to install the relevant version of android and touchscreen etc works brilliantly, i just need the ability to connect to the internet.

I guess there are two options and some advise would be great:

1 - could i use a usb wifi adaptor that would be supported by Android rather than the built in realtex card.
2 - where should i begin to look or research if i wanted to learn how to modify the install in order to include the correct kernal or support for this version (I am assuming using the working ubuntu drivers in some way). Any recommended reference materials to get me started. I appreciate this option may require quite some time to fully understand android development.

Thanks

ussasx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussasx View Post
I would love to do this myself but would not even know where to begin.

I have managed to install the relevant version of android and touchscreen etc works brilliantly, i just need the ability to connect to the internet.

I guess there are two options and some advise would be great:

1 - could i use a usb wifi adaptor that would be supported by Android rather than the built in realtex card.
2 - where should i begin to look or research if i wanted to learn how to modify the install in order to include the correct kernal or support for this version (I am assuming using the working ubuntu drivers in some way). Any recommended reference materials to get me started. I appreciate this option may require quite some time to fully understand android development.

Thanks

I am still really struggling with this and some help would be massively appreciated :/
Tags
lenovo, x86, yoga 13