XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root Help

Tip us?

cubusmybro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking [Q] Root Help

I opened my Note this morning and it is still running the MI9 build. I have rooted many phones in my android days, and was brought learning never take any OTA updates, which I haven't yet.

I don't know if I should use the Universal Root de la Vega, because it seems to me that it is only for newer builds, but I may be mistaken. I just want to get root and don't know if I should update or what to use or do next.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Some steps would help too, but you don't have to be too specific because like I said, I already have quite a bit of prior root experience.

lmike6453
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubusmybro View Post
I opened my Note this morning and it is still running the MI9 build. I have rooted many phones in my android days, and was brought learning never take any OTA updates, which I haven't yet.

I don't know if I should use the Universal Root de la Vega, because it seems to me that it is only for newer builds, but I may be mistaken. I just want to get root and don't know if I should update or what to use or do next.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Some steps would help too, but you don't have to be too specific because like I said, I already have quite a bit of prior root experience.
Congrats on the Note 3. What you want to do first is find the MJE Odin flashable STOCK build over in the VZW development section. Flash that which will bring you to current MJE non rooted.

Then google Kingo root to root rather than Root de la Vega(obsolete now for MJE)
Verizon Galaxy Note 3 - JB 4.3