[Q] wrong date time every morning

Tip us?

paultrinity
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] wrong date time every morning

Hello

I have my G2 for 3 days now, and I keep having the same weird problem every morning when I turn it on: the clock "looses" one day, and either advances or loses a few minutes.

Yesterday I checked as the hour went past 00h and the date changed to day 19, thursday ('I'm on GMT 00). The phone and computer had the same time.
I left my phone off during the night, and today when I turned it on I found it at 10.00 o'clock (8 minutes in advance of my computer). It also switched back to the 18th, wednesday. The weather/time app still detects it was last updated on the 19th.
I have automatic date-time-timezone switched off. If I turn it on, it will sync with the Internet and correct the hour, but that does not fix the problem.

Any ideas on what's happening? Any suggestions?

I'm on Android 4.2.2
Kernel 3.4.0
Software D80210b-EUR-XX

paultrinity
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yesterday (after midnight) I switched the phone off for more than 10 minutes, switched back on: all ok
Restarted the phone: was ok - up till 3 am the date/time was correct.
Turn it off, woke up this morning, turned it on: 5 minutes delayed, date went back to the 19th.

paultrinity
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
It seems what is happening is not really a lost of time. Today as I turned the phone on, it was showing 10:24, 20th (yesterday). This was over half an hour ahead of correct time. This happened after I had the phone off for 3 hours, so it's not a delay that increases as proportional to the time the phone is off. It must have something to do with some date/time on the settings, that override actual date/time.

I think this is like a "return to last settings", in this case, I believe this was the date/time set when I turned the phone on yesterday morning.

I already went by all apps I think could be related, but I can find no relevant option to prevent this.

srps
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
That is indeed strange, maybe someone else around here can help you with that.

I don't think many people turn their phones off during the night.

Rashad83
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Hi i think this is the same for all g2, my phone does the same thing once you turn it off the device is literally off. I am sure if you check the battery time it will show only from the time you rebooted it and not from last full charge. At the beginning i reported this issue but didn't get any reply but with further investigation i reached to the conclusion it wasn't an issue with device.

Any way regarding date time issue, you can simply make sure its automatically synchronized with network that way no matter whether its on or off it will be correct.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

bachera
Old
Thanks Meter 196
its probably cmos battery if phone has one, try warrantee
The Following User Says Thank You to bachera For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paultrinity
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you for your input

I've done a few more tests. I've flashed a different firmware, but it still does the same. This originally came with 10B-SEA, and I flashed it to 10B-EUR (UK open). Now it's back to SEA.
I've contacted LG about this, and they told me it's under analysis.

The phone will not loose date and time if it's powered off for one hour. After two hours it will happen and it will go back to the last time the phone was powered on and the clock was set.
I've been keeping it synced with the network time, and that way it works fine, but that's not a permanent fix. Yesterday I unchecked the automatic time, left it powered off for two hours, and it went back to monday.

I've read this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2580974, and it seems to be related.

The Following User Says Thank You to paultrinity For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]