[Q] Home Button not working?

Tip us?

kingzero666
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default [Q] Home Button not working?

hey,
i have a pretty strange problem. My tp was acting up, wasnt showing the softbuttons. So i restarted it. Now i cant use the home button to select to boot into android in moboot. I had that same problem a month or so ago. However the home button started working again after some time.
Ive already waited for 12h and it still doesnt work. Any ideas what to do now?

sstar
Old
Thanks Meter 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingzero666 View Post
hey,
i have a pretty strange problem. My tp was acting up, wasnt showing the softbuttons. So i restarted it. Now i cant use the home button to select to boot into android in moboot. I had that same problem a month or so ago. However the home button started working again after some time.
Ive already waited for 12h and it still doesnt work. Any ideas what to do now?
Have you booted into webOS to check if you may have a hardware problem?

kingzero666
Old
(Last edited by kingzero666; 26th December 2013 at 02:18 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Is there a method to boot into webos without using the home button? Because i cant select webos in moboot without it.

sstar
Old
Thanks Meter 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingzero666 View Post
Is there a method to boot into webos without using the home button? Because i cant select webos in moboot without it.
OK I assume that when you reboot your android ROM is highlighted and automatically boots after a 5 second countdown.
With an app such as Rom Toolbox lite select Root browser followed by the boot folder then select the moboot.default file, open it as text and edit it to read webOS(web lower case and OS upper case). Your tablet should now boot into webOS.
If that has worked you now have to be able to boot back into android.

If you haven't already done so DL and install CyBoot or Cyboot from preware and select android for next boot or change the the default.

Have fun.

kingzero666
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Thanks for your help. While i was waiting for your reply i opened up my touchpad to check if i can see something wrong, i also cleaned the contacts from the home button board. Well the good news, the home button now works, the bad news my power button doesnt. Guess i screwed it up somehow when opening the tp. fml. Anyways thanks again.