XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] System software not authorized HELP!!!,

Tip us?

N0obster
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] System software not authorized HELP!!!,

I updated from ME7 to MJ7 with success than I flashed philz recovery with the root tools app and got the message

Secure fail: kernel

" system software not authorized by verizon wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest verizon wireless store for help."

After I managed to boot back into my stock rooted phone and flashed CWM from rom manager and with no luck got the same message.

What do you think I should do? I really don't want to have to Odin back to stock and root with root de la Vegas again.

whitesides
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Discard when upgrading is very dangerous. You may have to Odin back to stock and root de la Vegas again

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 427
is your phone originally mdk base and you are loki'd? if not, the ONLY recovery available is safestrap. You will have to ODIN your phone and do some reading
S4 powered by hashcode 3.71 safestrap HYPERDRIVE 15 by Sbreen94

N0obster
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
is your phone originally mdk base and you are loki'd? if not, the ONLY recovery available is safestrap. You will have to ODIN your phone and do some reading
My phone was loki'd and than I updated and must of lost it so I guess I'm going to have to use safestrap?

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by N0obster View Post
My phone was loki'd and than I updated and must of lost it so I guess I'm going to have to use safestrap?
if you took the update, you are screwed with custom recovery except for safestrap

N0obster
Old
(Last edited by N0obster; 25th December 2013 at 03:16 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So if I have safestrap I have to have a backup of the stock rom right? Or can I just install a custom rom and get rid of the stock rom?

k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1240

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
So if I have safestrap I have to have a backup of the stock rom right? Or can I just install a custom rom and get rid of the stock rom?
Read the Safestrap threads. The answers to your questions are complicated, particularly the "get rid of the stock rom" since that's possible but risky.
YOU will need to judge whether or not you will take that risk based on understanding how Safestrap works.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 652
Quote:
Always back up the stock rom.
Like he said read up.
It gets complicated. I'm running Hyperdrive on my stock slot but there are risks.

Verizon Galaxy S4
Safestrap 3.7
HYPERDRIVE 11
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 427
Quote:
to me the risks of losing the stock rom isn't worth it...especially if all this is new to you. You can always go back in the future and do i

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
to me the risks of losing the stock rom isn't worth it...especially if all this is new to you. You can always go back in the future and do i
You're definitely right there. I had to play the Odin game myself and I think for the time being HD11 is going to serve as my stock and I'm going to use Rom slots from now on.

Verizon Galaxy S4
Safestrap 3.7
HYPERDRIVE 11

Tags
4.3, boot loader, mj7, samsung 4, verizon