XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best 4.3 rom for Z1

Tip us?

marcyff2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Best 4.3 rom for Z1

I am looking to start modding my Z1. I had a Galaxy S2 and used Pac-Man Rom before and loved it.

The thing is I want an Xperia based Rom.

So does anyone know which one is the best Xperia based (JB 4.3) Rom and why?

Also can you confirm if I require to unlock bootloader (and what are the disadvantages of doing so)
Proud owner of:
Sony Xperia Z1, Samsung Galaxy S2, Sony Smartwatch 2

Previous:
Sony xperia Mini, Sony xperia Satio

LiquidNitrogen1412
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hello,
the big thing is you have to try it.Everyone likes something other and different.I testet 7 roms for now and im not perfect yet.What do you want Stock?,maximal customizability?,voltage mods include?,deodexed?.It's a long table find out what you want and then ask for the rom what is voltage mod ... etc.

best regards,merry X-Mas
Nico

marcyff2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidNitrogen1412 View Post
Hello,
the big thing is you have to try it.Everyone likes something other and different.I testet 7 roms for now and im not perfect yet.What do you want Stock?,maximal customizability?,voltage mods include?,deodexed?.It's a long table find out what you want and then ask for the rom what is voltage mod ... etc.

best regards,merry X-Mas
Nico

Hey Nico,

Thanks for the reply. I want something more Xperia deodexed like. Not looking for stock android as for that I would go back to Pac-Man (like my s2).
I really like Xperia UI but need a bit more that I feel like its missing: e.g. Ihacker or monxDIFIED but the differences between then seem very small. Major things are alike (boot menu, connectivity etc. ) so I would like to know if either of those is better or there is something alike that is better.
Proud owner of:
Sony Xperia Z1, Samsung Galaxy S2, Sony Smartwatch 2

Previous:
Sony xperia Mini, Sony xperia Satio

McT1980
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcyff2 View Post
Hey Nico,

Thanks for the reply. I want something more Xperia deodexed like. Not looking for stock android as for that I would go back to Pac-Man (like my s2).
I really like Xperia UI but need a bit more that I feel like its missing: e.g. Ihacker or monxDIFIED but the differences between then seem very small. Major things are alike (boot menu, connectivity etc. ) so I would like to know if either of those is better or there is something alike that is better.
I'm running monx rom now with doomlords kernel and running pretty damn good. Just try them out, if u got the bootloader unlocked it only takes a few mins to try a new rom

khoaimi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by McT1980 View Post
I'm running monx rom now with doomlords kernel and running pretty damn good. Just try them out, if u got the bootloader unlocked it only takes a few mins to try a new rom
stock rom w kernel doomlord is best

LiquidNitrogen1412
Old
Thanks Meter 1
hey guys,
I supportet monx a little with a little donation, and now i get the early Rom build.I have also to say i like the I Hackers which i have on my Phone now but the big issue is no recovery.And also i miss the reboot bars and stuff thats the point to go for me.My first well and fast running rom on the Xperia was the monox thats the point why i decided to donate some and get the latest stuff.Personally i can say that was the best rom for me on 4.2.2.Anyway all Roms are good,I try the 4.3 build of him and then i'll give a new feedback.

best regards,
Nico