[Q] libwebviewchromium.so Error 1

Tip us?

TheLiTTle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] libwebviewchromium.so Error 1

Hello everyone,

Today I was trying to build CyanogenMod 11 for my Galaxy Nexus. But after any attempt I did I get the following problem:

Code:
target Strip: libwebviewchromium (/home/little/Documents/CyanogenMod_System_11/out/target/product/maguro/obj/lib/libwebviewchromium.so)
prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.7/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-strip:/home/little/Documents/CyanogenMod_System_11/out/target/product/maguro/symbols/system/lib/libwebviewchromium.so: File format not recognized
make: *** [/home/little/Documents/CyanogenMod_System_11/out/target/product/maguro/obj/lib/libwebviewchromium.so] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
I am using Oracle Java 6. All the previous *.so files have no problem with compiling. Has anyone else dealt with this problem?

neobuddy89
Old
Thanks Meter 11595

DONATE TO ME
Even I get error on this many times. The reason behind same is it needs lot of memory for compilation compared to other binaries. I tried increasing ram on virtual machine but no success.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Google Nexus 5 | Galaxy Vibrant
I want to change the world but they wouldn't give me the source code.

TheLiTTle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by neobuddy89 View Post
Even I get error on this many times. The reason behind same is it needs lot of memory for compilation compared to other binaries. I tried increasing ram on virtual machine but no success.

So, how much RAM do you suggest to have? If the problem is the RAM I could buy some. It is a cheap modification in order to build my first ROM!

neobuddy89
Old
Thanks Meter 11595

DONATE TO ME
If you are not using virtual machine and have directly installed on pc, try increasing SWAP and build. I have 4 GB RAM for virtual machine and it fails.

Google Nexus 5 | Galaxy Vibrant
I want to change the world but they wouldn't give me the source code.

TheLiTTle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by neobuddy89 View Post
If you are not using virtual machine and have directly installed on pc, try increasing SWAP and build. I have 4 GB RAM for virtual machine and it fails.

One last question as a conclusion. Is it possible to exist another problem and the build fails? If there is even a small possibility I could wait and don't buy new RAM memories.
Tags
cyanogenmod 11.0, libwebviewchromium.so, source cyanogenmod build error