5,598,980 Members 31,635 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to turn on infrared on S4 i9500?

Tip us?

devilsdouble
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default How to turn on infrared on S4 i9500?

I know S4 has an infrared option because I can use it as my TV remote. But is there a way to enable it manually and receive files from an old phone like my cousin's Samsung X650? It is kinda urgent.

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1463

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsdouble View Post
I know S4 has an infrared option because I can use it as my TV remote. But is there a way to enable it manually and receive files from an old phone like my cousin's Samsung X650? It is kinda urgent.
Hello sir , you can actually use Bluetooth if you wanna transfer any files , have a nice day

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

If I've helped you at all, PLEASE, atleast hit that thanks Button right there >

Remember "Im not responsible if anything happen to your phone as a result of flashing anything"

devilsdouble
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Hello sir , you can actually use Bluetooth if you wanna transfer any files , have a nice day
Lol, you didn't read my post carefully. I am trying to receive a file from a very old basic phone called Samsung X650, which only has infrared!

Zoddex
Old
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
Don't think it's posible as the hardware is not designed to transfer data, but to send commands only

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
Hit THANKS if I made your day better