XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touchscreen not working

Tip us?

jchen012
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Touchscreen not working

I just received a refurbished phone that I purchased from eBay. However when I turn on the phone, I am not able to use the touchscreen. It does not respond when I press the screen, The 3 buttons on the bottom work, and the side buttons as well. Also when I turn the screen sideways, the screen does go into landscape mode. Currently I am stuck at the screen where it asks you to choose your language. I would like to install a custom ROM on this phone, but I can't even go into the settings to turn on USB debugging mode. Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on?

twistedillutions
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Try to return it u got a hardware problem. U can always try to open it up make sure all the cables connected. That I don't know how to do.

xRelapse13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchen012 View Post
I just received a refurbished phone that I purchased from eBay. However when I turn on the phone, I am not able to use the touchscreen. It does not respond when I press the screen, The 3 buttons on the bottom work, and the side buttons as well. Also when I turn the screen sideways, the screen does go into landscape mode. Currently I am stuck at the screen where it asks you to choose your language. I would like to install a custom ROM on this phone, but I can't even go into the settings to turn on USB debugging mode. Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on?
You can try pulling the battery, going into recovery and doing a reset. I had that once when i installed a new rom. Cache wipe and reset fixed it for me.

Otherwise it does sound like you got a defective phone.