XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 7 Dead pixel/ dust under screen

Tip us?

Loren Railsback
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nexus 7 Dead pixel/ dust under screen

Just got a nexus 7 as one of my Christmas presents. There is a small black particle under the glass. Is this a common problem? I plan on taking it to Best Buy tomorrow. Anyone with first hand experience wanna tell me how their exchange went? Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

danyboy008
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren Railsback View Post
Just got a nexus 7 as one of my Christmas presents. There is a small black particle under the glass. Is this a common problem? I plan on taking it to Best Buy tomorrow. Anyone with first hand experience wanna tell me how their exchange went? Thanks.

My first Nexus 7 2013 came with 5-6 dead pixels and touch screen issues, took it to Asus (At Texas) and they gave me a completely new Nexus 7, and before sealing it, they checked and tested it in front of me

Loren Railsback
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Wow sounds great. Hopefully Best Buy will show the same customer service. Thanks for your input. 😊

danyboy008
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Wow sounds great. Hopefully Best Buy will show the same customer service. Thanks for your input. 😊

Good luck and merry christmas !

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 1987
Quote:

Mine did too. Brought it back to best buy and had to open 3 in store before I found a perfect one. The manager was not happy with me, but I couldn't care less. Not about to walk out of the store with a defective product. In the end I got one with zero issues, including the touchscreen problems that people often complain about. Take it back, and do not settle for anything less than perfect.
\m/(-_-)\m/

mj0528
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_ View Post
Mine did too. Brought it back to best buy and had to open 3 in store before I found a perfect one. The manager was not happy with me, but I couldn't care less. Not about to walk out of the store with a defective product. In the end I got one with zero issues, including the touchscreen problems that people often complain about. Take it back, and do not settle for anything less than perfect.
Best buy is crap!! I'm done with them! I'm marked for returns even though I might buy one thing a year and return every other year. Horrible service and Geek squad is a joke!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Duffmantp
Old
(Last edited by Duffmantp; 26th December 2013 at 11:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 28
I wonder what the issue rate is wifi vs mobile. They should have the same issues, because they come off the same assembly line with the exception of a few parts. But it's seems most the of the complaints come from the wifi users.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
Inspire 4g 6/2011 - 5/2011 R.I.P
First Samsung Device
ATT LTE, to bad NYC LTE is slow.
Still Stock =(

Loren Railsback
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I agree Geek squad is usually a joke. I just got back from Best Buy and they replaced it with no trouble. Opened the box and the new one has a flawless screen from what I can tell so far. I'm pleased.