5,605,026 Members 34,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Odin passes but Root Checker says no

Tip us?

Zspy1985
Old
(Last edited by Zspy1985; 19th December 2013 at 06:38 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Odin passes but Root Checker says no

For some reason its passing in Odin and saying it worked. Go into the phone and phone isn't rooted. Tried about 9 times running Odin and its not working. It says in download mode that I'm running custom binary but its not installing Su Binary when i run Super SU. The CF-Auto-Root isn't also installing with this package.

I reverted back to stock 4.1 from 4.2 because it was not letting me use the OTA update fuction before this mess started so I thought I had to remove my root to begin with. Then after having many errors/crashes in 4.1 I had to factory reset then it let my update to 4.3. Well now I'm following the first post in the root with CF-Auto-Root thread and its not letting me "root" and install the SU Binary.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1963812

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6208
Check out the last few pages of THIS thread. A few people claim to have gotten it done. Just be sure to read, and be sure of what going on before proceeding forward.

Zspy1985
Old
(Last edited by Zspy1985; 21st December 2013 at 02:10 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
GOT IT!!!!

Thanks for the post it helped get my phone rooted, I had to follow the post you linked to get it rooted smoothly then this post |Guide|How-To| Root & Install Custom Recovery for 4.3 Update |22 Nov 2013| to get SuperSU and KNOX remover to get root working.

Seems the root was not taking with CF-Auto-Root like everyone else but TeamEpic-Root-from-Recovery-v5.zip worked from TWRP. I just had pop ups in Android saying security policy update had blocked a app from accessing anything. Flashed the SuperSU app with the Knox remover from recovery then rebooted and TA DA! SuperSu worked and wanted to update my Binary.

Hope this post finds it way to other users stuck in the same boat I was in cause the last couple days I've been staying up HOURS trying to root my phone!

jdsingle76
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zspy1985 View Post
Cool thanks I'm going to give the first post a whirl.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
If you did the OTA update, then you should be aware that you now have the Knox bootloader on your phone. Do not, under any circumstances, try to Odin back to 4.1.2, which has a different bootloader, which will brick your phone. And if you flash cwm through Odin, it won't brick, but will void your warranty by tripping the Knox counter(triangle away won't erase this one). But to get root, simply flash PhilZ latest recovery for this phone through Odin, reboot to recovery, and flash SuperSu update, reboot, profit. Both links are on the rim op below. Make sure you have SuperSu downloaded before you reboot to recovery, and uncheck auto reboot and f. Reset Time in Odin. Good luck!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2546505

The Following User Says Thank You to jdsingle76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tbudke
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
Check out the last few pages of THIS thread. A few people claim to have gotten it done. Just be sure to read, and be sure of what going on before proceeding forward.
Which last few pages because you posted this about 4 days ago. Could you tell me which page number to look at please?

Zspy1985
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Just do the first page on how to root

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6208
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbudke View Post
Which last few pages because you posted this about 4 days ago. Could you tell me which page number to look at please?
If you are on 4.3 Stock OTA, people are getting it done using THIS method. If you are on 4.1.2 then use the method on the thread HERE.