5,595,964 Members 31,883 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Kindle fire never installs TWRP

Tip us?

darkmetal
Old
(Last edited by darkmetal; 26th December 2013 at 10:34 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb [Q]Kindle fire never installs TWRP

Hello XDA forums,

I have had nothing, but problems install TWRP on my Kindle fire version 6.3.2. I have installed the drivers on windows 7 and when i connect my kindle fire. In device manger the kindle fire displays as "Android Phone", at the top showing the drivers are correctly installed. The problem is anytime i run the install.bat file to install TWRP my kindle fire is stuck on the Logo and in the command prompt it just says "<waiting for device>"... The install.bat file will be stuck here until i close out of it. I then i have a unbootable kindle fire which i boot up linux and run the SoupKit application to fix the kindle fire boot mode, so it can boot propertly. Can anyone help me figure out why i can't install TWRP on my kindle fire? I was thinking about doing a factory reset and starting over to see if that works?

darkmetal
Old
(Last edited by darkmetal; 28th December 2013 at 02:23 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Anyone help out?

Update "After trying 3 different computers i finally found success with my desktop running windows 8.1. I had to modify the driver signing feature and disable ti in order for my kindle fire to be recognized in fast boot. I honestly have no idea why the drivers seem to work on windows 8.1 x64 along with recognizing my kindle fire in fast boot. My windows 7 laptop and linux even was having troubles installing TWRP on my kindle fire. The windows 7 laptop was unable to recognized Kindle Fire Utility and my kindle fire wouldn't show up in device manger." I Was luckly after messing with kindle fire and drivers for about 6 hours i finally found one pc to work.