XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Time delay in unlocking the screen

Tip us?

raymartymartyeah
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Time delay in unlocking the screen

Hi guys. I wish I'm on the right thread. This is my first post.

I have an Ainol Tab Novo 7 running on a Jellybean v4.1.2

My concern is "Is there an app in which when you powered on the device, there is a timer or countdown timer or delay(lets say 5 minutes) before you can unlock the screen? But it is only enabled after the device is powered on, not everytime that you lock the device. Or if there is not, will you please help me how to create this app/code??"

I want this because I want my device to fully load all of its stuff/backgraound process/startup processes/etc before I can use them.

Thanks in advance.

SimplicityApks
Old
Thanks Meter 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymartymartyeah View Post
Hi guys. I wish I'm on the right thread. This is my first post.

I have an Ainol Tab Novo 7 running on a Jellybean v4.1.2

My concern is "Is there an app in which when you powered on the device, there is a timer or countdown timer or delay(lets say 5 minutes) before you can unlock the screen? But it is only enabled after the device is powered on, not everytime that you lock the device. Or if there is not, will you please help me how to create this app/code??"

I want this because I want my device to fully load all of its stuff/backgraound process/startup processes/etc before I can use them.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to xda!

That sounds like a very strange app to me, normally you'll just wait until your device doesn't lag any more xD. Is this the first app you are doing? Head over to the getting started tutorials. You'll need a broadcast receiver to be started on boot, this tutorial it's a good way to start. Also, take a look at the keyguardManager for locking/unlocking the device.

raymartymartyeah
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplicityApks View Post
Welcome to xda!

That sounds like a very strange app to me, normally you'll just wait until your device doesn't lag any more xD. Is this the first app you are doing? Head over to the getting started tutorials. You'll need a broadcast receiver to be started on boot, this tutorial it's a good way to start. Also, take a look at the keyguardManager for locking/unlocking the device.

Oh thanks for immediate response. I appreciate it. Actually I'm an avid reader here ever since. But now i think its time to make my first post.
My problem is not a big deal for me, but my little brother who is using this tab without my consent, its a big deal. Because I keep on reminding him that "please wait for atleast 4-5 mins before unlocking the screen", but since he's only 4 years old, it's hard for him to bear that in his mind.

Actually, the app DIRECTORY BIND is the app responsible for this . I use this app to put all my game data to my sdcard. The case is directory bind always took about 1-2 mins(after boot-up) before it automatically binds the data of all the HD games. The catch is, you have to wait 1-2 or 3 mins for it automatically bind all the data successfully. Because if you use the tab immediately and open a game that has to be binded first by directory bind, directory bind will now fail to do the autobinding. As a result, all the games will not work anymore because the game data isn't binded yet, the game is now searching for the game files.

and thats the reason why im making this thread Thanks.

Masrepus
Old
Thanks Meter 54
You can maybe do this by the device-admin function 'set screen lock'. Some security apps like avast have this in order to lock your device if it has been marked as lost/stolen. I dont know how to implement this function but this definitively sounds like the thing you are looking for. While the countdown is not completed, you just set the screen lock with some kind of password etc so nobody can enter the tab.
Probably you could help how to implement, @SimplicityApks ?

---------------------------------
Phone : Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570
•AOSP ICS Touchwiz V5 by A_U
•Android 4.0.4
•Baseband XWKS2
•Kernel: 2.6.37.6 Badass v1.9 by alin.p
•Recovery CWM v4.0.0.5
Mods:
PureAudio, Mounts2SD, ODEX through Universal ODEX script, AdBlock by AdAway
---------------------------------

Gesendet von Tapatalk

SimplicityApks
Old
Thanks Meter 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masrepus View Post
You can maybe do this by the device-admin function 'set screen lock'. Some security apps like avast have this in order to lock your device if it has been marked as lost/stolen. I dont know how to implement this function but this definitively sounds like the thing you are looking for. While the countdown is not completed, you just set the screen lock with some kind of password etc so nobody can enter the tab.
Probably you could help how to implement, SimplicityApks?
I had a look at the device administration here, and currently I am not quite sure on if it's really worth doing . Sure being admin is great and you can do all sorts of stuff like setting a new password or locking the screen. You could possibly do an app that relocks the screen whenever it is unlocked and hasn't finished the booting/loading simply.

There is a nice open source app that does all sorts of stuff on the lock screen: Advanced Keyguard Manager. You could take a look at the sources and display some kind of password that you set that will automatically be unlocked after 5 minutes.