XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus wireless charger fails with Verizon g2

Tip us?

VetteVert
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nexus wireless charger fails with Verizon g2

I received a nexus wireless charger for Christmas. I have tested my g2 with the LG wireless charger and it works fine, but it won't charge from the nexus one at all. When I first plugged it in, the charger had a small led that lit up. Now, there is no light with the phone on or off of it. Does anyone else have this wireless charger? Do I just have a defective unit?

Kamospark
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteVert View Post
I received a nexus wireless charger for Christmas. I have tested my g2 with the LG wireless charger and it works fine, but it won't charge from the nexus one at all. When I first plugged it in, the charger had a small led that lit up. Now, there is no light with the phone on or off of it. Does anyone else have this wireless charger? Do I just have a defective unit?
Hello,

You're unable to charge because you are using a *nexus* wireless charger to charge your LG G2. The nexus wireless charger can only charge nexus devices as described here. You may find more information regarding this on their product website (unable to provide link due to low post count)

Regards,
Kevin

truckroot
Old
Thanks Meter 30
As long as it is a Qi wireless charger it should work regardless of what device it was "made" for. I have a Nokia and LG one and both work fine. Sounds like it may b defective to me.

Sent from Verizon logo plastered G2 bastard

omegajester
Old
Thanks Meter 94

DONATE TO ME
I had to return the first Nexus charger I ordered due to it being faulty... So it happens. A lot.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

VetteVert
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Did you have it working with a g2? Qi charging is supposed to be Qi charging, right?

Steamer86
Old
Thanks Meter 126
They work with the G2. Placement can be a hassle at times.