XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Warning using flashtool!

Tip us?

NanoSurfer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 701
Exclamation Warning using flashtool!

Guys I'm really concerned about this sudden death issue! From what I gather, it seems to happen mostly when people update using flashtool!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it is bad software or anything is wrong with it (it has already proved how excellent it is in many ways!) it's just that something has changed with 4.3 which is causing the phones to die when (I think) using this tool (possibly due to the bootloader fix by Sony?)

My theory is that this tool is not accounting for what Sony has changed and therefore it's is horribly screwing up the bootloader partition rendering the phone completely dead.

This is my theory and I'm not bad mouthing flashtool in any way, I'm just concerned and I think we need to look into this issue deeper and possibly see if it could have something to do with using this tool? I see on github that it hasn't been updated for a few months.

What are your thoughts and how many of you have successfully updated to 4.3 using flashtool?
The Following User Says Thank You to NanoSurfer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gregbradley
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3325

DONATE TO ME
I have updated to 4.3 using flashtool.

Flashtool does not have an issue.

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>

Follow me on twitter

NanoSurfer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
I have updated to 4.3 using flashtool.

Flashtool does not have an issue.
Ok, and what settings did you tick when you flashed?

We need to get to the bottom of this problem! We need to determine if it is a Sony problem or a third party software issue

paullu
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoSurfer View Post
Ok, and what settings did you tick when you flashed?

We need to get to the bottom of this problem! We need to determine if it is a Sony problem or a third party software issue
I have flash six difference ftf files using flashtool some of them I untick wipe data some didn't
all fine but I think you must use newest flashtool to flash that make it more safe
but after updated to .290 my wifi hotspot not working well keep dropping every 20 mins
still don't know what occur it
htc touch/ htc cruise /htc hd/ hd2/nexus one/hd7
htc incredible s/Htc sensation /htc hd7(again)/ galaxy s2/ galaxy s3
sony tx / xperia ZL / xperia z1

lsflp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have updated to 4.3 using flashtool... with no problem, you need use the last version of flash tool...

ermond012
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Don't you think JB 4.3 has the issue as to why we have this sudden death issue, both being flashed or via SUS/PCC? Just asking.
The Following User Says Thank You to ermond012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]