XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No mobile signal or data

Tip us?

Raillery
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] No mobile signal or data

Last night I was trying out some different roms using philz touch recovery. Then the backup I made of my daily driver, MIUI, wouldn't restore. I tried doing a custom restore as that has worked in the past when my full backup wouldn't restore. Still wouldn't work. So i tried some other ROMs. Avatar ROM, OSE, and even MIUI were giving me issues, and at some point I lost connectivity I believe. I went to bed with MIUI installed, but not running. Today after not having calls, texting, data, etc. in addition to MIUI repeatedly asking me to set a mobile data cap/limit, then not letting me click on anything when trying to set it, I decided to go back to stock in hopes that it would restore connectivity. I used ODIN to flash a stock from August I had, the file was "KIES_HOME_I535VRBMF1_1152558_REV09_user_low_s hip. tar.md5" which is android 4.1.2. So now I'm back on stock with o root and still no connectivity.

Under status my phone shows Network as "Unknown", Service state as "Out of service", Mobile network state as "Disconnected", Mobile network type as "Unkown" and IMEISV as "00" if that makes any difference.

I'll be re-rooting and probably flashing MIUI again, but how do I get connectivity back?

Thanks so much!

Raillery
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raillery View Post
Last night I was trying out some different roms using philz touch recovery. Then the backup I made of my daily driver, MIUI, wouldn't restore. I tried doing a custom restore as that has worked in the past when my full backup wouldn't restore. Still wouldn't work. So i tried some other ROMs. Avatar ROM, OSE, and even MIUI were giving me issues, and at some point I lost connectivity I believe. I went to bed with MIUI installed, but not running. Today after not having calls, texting, data, etc. in addition to MIUI repeatedly asking me to set a mobile data cap/limit, then not letting me click on anything when trying to set it, I decided to go back to stock in hopes that it would restore connectivity. I used ODIN to flash a stock from August I had, the file was "KIES_HOME_I535VRBMF1_1152558_REV09_user_low_s hip. tar.md5" which is android 4.1.2. So now I'm back on stock with o root and still no connectivity.

Under status my phone shows Network as "Unknown", Service state as "Out of service", Mobile network state as "Disconnected", Mobile network type as "Unkown" and IMEISV as "00" if that makes any difference.

I'll be re-rooting and probably flashing MIUI again, but how do I get connectivity back?

Thanks so much!
Okay so I restored my EFS/IMEI and I have my connectivity back. Unfortunately, I still can't restore the backup I made of my daily driver (MIUI). In an extremely frustrating turn of events, all my Titanium Backup backups of apps are gone. I just purchased TB Pro yesterday. Anyone have any ideas? And is it generally a good idea to stay away from "Philz Touch Recovery"?

Raillery
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Okay so I restored my EFS/IMEI and I have my connectivity back. Unfortunately, I still can't restore the backup I made of my daily driver (MIUI). In an extremely frustrating turn of events, all my Titanium Backup backups of apps are gone. I just purchased TB Pro yesterday. Anyone have any ideas? And is it generally a good idea to stay away from "Philz Touch Recovery"?
Are the backups kept on the SD or internal? If so, I assume they got deleted when I ODINed back to stock.

BattsNotIncld
Old
(Last edited by BattsNotIncld; 26th December 2013 at 02:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Are the backups kept on the SD or internal? If so, I assume they got deleted when I ODINed back to stock.
Correct. TiBu backs up on internal memory unless you change to SD card in settings. I learned this the hard way as well .

If I were you I would try an alternate version of CWM to see if you could restore your backup successfully. Philz recovery is based on CWM, correct? That way you would get all your app data back. Also you could maybe try to pull the Titanium data from your nandroid backup (assuming it's on your SD card), but I'm not sure how to go about this.
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III
Current ROM: SlimKat

Previous Phone: Samsung Droid Charge (sold)

Raillery
Old
(Last edited by Raillery; 26th December 2013 at 10:43 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattsNotIncld View Post
Correct. TiBu backs up on internal memory unless you change to SD card in settings. I learned this the hard way as well .

If I were you I would try an alternate version of CWM to see if you could restore your backup successfully. Philz recovery is based on CWM, correct? That way you would get all your app data back. Also you could maybe try to pull the Titanium data from your nandroid backup (assuming it's on your SD card), but I'm not sure how to go about this.
I had the same ideas, but since I can't locate the nandroid now, I assume I must have backed up to internal due to low memory on my SD. Lost all my xmas photos as well, which is ironic because the whole reason I was messing around with different roms was because I couldn't get instagram working with MIUI. Ah well, think I'll be sticking with CWM as backups made with philz have failed to restore in the past as well.