5,595,196 Members 45,301 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do I root my AT&T galaxy s3 running on android 4.3?

Tip us?

maxum3300
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How do I root my AT&T galaxy s3 running on android 4.3?

Hello all, I am new to this so please bear with me. I need to root my galaxy s3 because I want to be able to install the ARLiberator app that allows full control of my phone on my pioneer appradio. This app requires that the phone be rooted and will not work unless it is. I tried a simple method of rooting I found off of youtube but apparently android 4.3 jas some sort of program that blocks the install of any apps not downloaded from the play store. Other than wanting to use this app I wouldnt have any need to root my phone so im not looking for anything elaborate, I want the phone to operate just like it does mow only with the ability to download the ARLiberator app. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

afrobull
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxum3300 View Post
Hello all, I am new to this so please bear with me. I need to root my galaxy s3 because I want to be able to install the ARLiberator app that allows full control of my phone on my pioneer appradio. This app requires that the phone be rooted and will not work unless it is. I tried a simple method of rooting I found off of youtube but apparently android 4.3 jas some sort of program that blocks the install of any apps not downloaded from the play store. Other than wanting to use this app I wouldnt have any need to root my phone so im not looking for anything elaborate, I want the phone to operate just like it does mow only with the ability to download the ARLiberator app. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
You'll want to use CF Auto-Root to root with 4.3, you can find instructions for that here - you'll need a few programs and such to do it, but everything is explained within the first two posts.