XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Replacing 2nd Note 3 - Easiest Backup

Tip us?

thematt917
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Replacing 2nd Note 3 - Easiest Backup

So long story short, I've apparently had atrocious luck with my Note 3 hardware. In October my first Note 3 got stuck in Smart Cover mode somehow despite not using a smart cover. Support gave the hell up and I used my return at Best Buy for a brand new phone. As of two days ago my proximity sensor stopped functioning - I've apparently left multiple 30-minute voicemails from my office today. The #1 solution for this problem? WARRANTY/RETURN... again.

I'm holding back from ranting too much as I only swapped from apple about 6 months ago and haven't had hardware issues since my first iPhone... I'll get through this.

I tried a full Titanium Backup(I'm rooted) on my first replacement, but I had all sorts of issues with duplicated or misplaced data, contacts, etc - wasn't worth the headache. I'm tech savvy, but not Android savvy yet. If I were to take a nandroid backup of my current Note 3, could I simply restore that to a new Note 3 and be good to go? I'm imagining ghosting a PC image to a new box. I assume I could just root the stock phone, install the nandroid program, restore, and be done?

Reading the "Titanium Backup vs Nandroid" threads are giving me a headache. Thanks ahead of time!

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by thematt917 View Post
So long story short, I've apparently had atrocious luck with my Note 3 hardware. In October my first Note 3 got stuck in Smart Cover mode somehow despite not using a smart cover. Support gave the hell up and I used my return at Best Buy for a brand new phone. As of two days ago my proximity sensor stopped functioning - I've apparently left multiple 30-minute voicemails from my office today. The #1 solution for this problem? WARRANTY/RETURN... again.

I'm holding back from ranting too much as I only swapped from apple about 6 months ago and haven't had hardware issues since my first iPhone... I'll get through this.

I tried a full Titanium Backup(I'm rooted) on my first replacement, but I had all sorts of issues with duplicated or misplaced data, contacts, etc - wasn't worth the headache. I'm tech savvy, but not Android savvy yet. If I were to take a nandroid backup of my current Note 3, could I simply restore that to a new Note 3 and be good to go? I'm imagining ghosting a PC image to a new box. I assume I could just root the stock phone, install the nandroid program, restore, and be done?

Reading the "Titanium Backup vs Nandroid" threads are giving me a headache. Thanks ahead of time!
i use mybackup pro easy to use backs up every thing even home screen app data the lot not let me down
if i helped hit the Thanks Button