Rooted, unlocked but can update ROM

Tip us?

batkbatk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rooted, unlocked but can update ROM

Hi,
I've rooted and unlocked my t989D. To do that I pushed recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.7-hercules.tar via odin and then flashed SGH-T989_UVLH1_Stock_Deodex_Rooted_signed and Tmo_SGH-T989_UVLE1_radio to be at at 4.0.4 ROM and radio.

Now I want to upgrade to cm 10.2. I tried flashing it, and it required a newer radio, so i flashed Tmo_SGH-T989-UVMC6_radio. Then I reflashed cm 10.2 and the installation completed, but I only get a boot loop with the CM sign. I figured it was because I was using an old recovery. So I tried to flash a newer CWM (recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.3.1-hercules), and that failed, so instead I pushed the latest TWRP (openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-hercules.tar) via Odin. I'm in the same position as with the older version of CWM: I can boot recovery, I can successfully flash 10.2, but I get stuck in a boot loop with the CM sign. Can someone correct me? Id appreciate it if you could correct my logic as well plz.

batkbatk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Update:
I pushed the old CWM back (5.0.2.7), then flashed an older version of CM (9.1) and it got stuck in boot loops as well. I then flashed the stock 4.0.4 ROM back and it gets stuck in boot loops (during samsung logo). I then pushed TWRP 2.6.3 back and reflashed the stock 4.0.4 rom ROM and it boots

Basically, the only combination that well allow a full normal boot is TWRP 2.6.3 + stock 4.0.4 rom (SGH-T989_UVLH1_Stock_Deodex_Rooted_signed)

batkbatk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Update 2:
Solution seems to be a dark side super wipe http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1477955

So far, this allows me to get 9.2 working. Haven't figured out how to get 10.2 going yet.

iamdofus
Old
Thanks Meter 36

DONATE TO ME
Install latest twrp recovery then use superwipe zip file (that is mention in your archive post) than install your rom.

As far as about your boot loop issue wipe your internal and external card than just put rom installation files in it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app