XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Motorola "Terms of Service" App

Tip us?

ShardTheBroken
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Motorola "Terms of Service" App

I'll appologise beforehand as i'm pretty sure this isn't where this post should go, but i csn't find a better place for it. Anyways I rooted my Motorola Motoluxe (XT615) and i've now started on removing all the yucky, yucky bloatware. So i've came across an app labelled "Terms of Service" (com.motorola.setup.tos) and i was wondering if anyone knows if it is safe to remove?

Sent from my XT615 using xda app-developers app

cbensf
Old
(Last edited by cbensf; 27th December 2013 at 12:25 AM.) Reason: trim quoted text
Thanks Meter 2
Default Not safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShardTheBroken View Post
So i've came across an app labelled "Terms of Service" (com.motorola.setup.tos) and i was wondering if anyone knows if it is safe to remove?
Probably no.
I've just removed it on a rooted Defy Mini and now I'm stuck in an endless loop of "died unexpectedly [force close]" dialogs
I have the .apk backed up and will manage to restore it - which would be easier if I had some free storage...

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbensf View Post
I've just removed it on a rooted Defy Mini and now I'm stuck in an endless loop of "died unexpectedly [force close]" dialogs
Update: the dialogs started popping up during an attempt to remove it using Root Uninstaller.
It seems it didn't complete the uninstall - the dialogs disappeared after I did in adb shell:

Code:
$ su
# pm uninstall com.motorola.setup.tos
Success
Now the phone seems to work ok (including after reboot).
In other words, you might try it but make sure USB debugging is on, and back up the app...