XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No sound in hangouts app on CM9

Tip us?

chrismcnally
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default No sound in hangouts app on CM9

Last year I rooted a t-mo S2 and installed CM9 on it as a present for my sister. Everything worked great except when I video call her using Google Hangouts, she cannot hear me. I tested it while I visited and I have tried speaker and earpiece and checked her volume. It works fine on a normal call. I did not test Bluetooth or plugged in with headphones. I have one more day here and I hope to solve it for her.

I have two questions, first of course, has anyone else had this issue and fixed it? How?

And two, last year I used an excellent S2 toolkit to put CM9 on it, if upgrading to CM 10 is the solution, is there an easy path? I don't have my laptop with me but could borrow hers. I'd like to fix it without disrupting her setup or spending all day on it.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Agent_667
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've been having this problem with Tango actually, no sound at all on my gf's phone but i can hear her just fine. Tried hangouts but it wouldn't even connect it tried for a while after answering the call then just quit. Wondering if it's has to do with being on CM10.2.0. Her phone is completely stock Note 2. Going to try downgrading to CM 10.1.3 as it seems a bit more stable than 10.2.0.