5,594,805 Members 37,172 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 7 USB Audio Output

Tip us?

Ztaxas
Old
(Last edited by Ztaxas; 22nd December 2013 at 07:03 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus 7 USB Audio Output

Hey guys! A soon to be newcomer to the Android world! I plan to buy a Nexus 7 Gen 2 LTE to install in my dash (I have a Cruze), right now, my car can control my iPhone through the radio (I can browse, play, etc...) and it'll also display my song title, artist, etc... I can also do this with Flash Drives and I want it available through the Nexus 7, I've read many post and all the information is scattered and I need a concrete answer before I buy the Nexus 7 and what I need, as far as I can tell is:

1) Nexus 7 (derp)
2) USB OTG Cable
3) USB Y Cable (usb port is 0.5 amps and wont charge, plan to use a 2 amp charger and the other output for the music)

I need to know which Kernel and OS to use (please use full names :P) and if you could recommend me a good audio player, please do.

I also want to make a custom GUI to mimic an OEM headunit, with a Chevy bowtie background and buttons for NAV, Music, Browser, etc...

Also, I've made custom GUI's for Blackberries, I can't remember the name of the tool you used to create them, but it was really easy to use, is there a program like that one?

Ztaxas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Bump