XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problems with N7 official charger

Tip us?

kingofthebraves
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default Problems with N7 official charger

My USB cable for my N7 is broken so I'm using the cable that came with my s4. Whenever I use my asus wall plug in charger with the s4 cable it doesnt work at all! 3 hours and I only get 7 percent charge, but if I use this setup to charge my lumia 520 it works perfectly.

Is my charger busted or is this a compatibility issue between the charger, cable and device?
Hero / Nexus One/ Desire / Galaxy S / Desire Z / Nexus S / Galaxy S2 / Galaxy Nexus / Galaxy Note / One X / Galaxy Note2 / BB Z10 / Galaxy s4

magneta
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I used a microusb cable that came from a blackberry phone, and I still manage to charge my tablet somewhat rapidly. See if the problem persists with different outlets (although you did mention that the same setup worked with the lumia). See if you can also use the S4 USB cable to connect the nexus 7 to your computer (and if the computer charges it faster than the wall outlet- usually outlet should be faster).

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthebraves View Post
My USB cable for my N7 is broken so I'm using the cable that came with my s4. Whenever I use my asus wall plug in charger with the s4 cable it doesnt work at all! 3 hours and I only get 7 percent charge, but if I use this setup to charge my lumia 520 it works perfectly.

Is my charger busted or is this a compatibility issue between the charger, cable and device?

danyboy008
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:

I just tried charging my Nexus 7 with an LG Optimus black USB cable and the Asus wall charger and it charges like 10-15% per hour, but with the original cable it's as fast as always, so I guess it's a cable problem. Try using another instead

kingofthebraves
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyboy008 View Post
I just tried charging my Nexus 7 with an LG Optimus black USB cable and the Asus wall charger and it charges like 10-15% per hour, but with the original cable it's as fast as always, so I guess it's a cable problem. Try using another instead

That Asus wall charger is perplexing indeed. My nexus 7 charges insanely fast with my note 3 charger and s4 cable.
Hero / Nexus One/ Desire / Galaxy S / Desire Z / Nexus S / Galaxy S2 / Galaxy Nexus / Galaxy Note / One X / Galaxy Note2 / BB Z10 / Galaxy s4

Mortibus
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
That Asus wall charger is perplexing indeed. My nexus 7 charges insanely fast with my note 3 charger and s4 cable.
N7 from 1st gen is certanly better charger, it's 5v@2a=10w where is N7 2nd gen is only 5.2@1.35=7W
dunno about cables, i'm using slightly longer one, no name, and it charging same as original

LoopDoGG79
Old
Thanks Meter 1340
I charge my N7 2013 with my original S4 charger and cable. Works just fine.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
MY SIG

Phone SGH-M919
Rom Insane Kit Kat [TW- NB4] 3-24-14
Baseband version UVUAMK2
Recovery TWRP 2.7.0.1
Kernel Talexop 2.0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other devices:
Nexus 7 Grouper (Broken )
Nexus 7 Flo (On CleanRom 2.6! )
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S2
Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S3