4.3 Root Method/ROM Flash

Tip us?

rockingrubberducky
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner View Post
Yup, you gotta wait until rumrunner (most likely) gets updated.
Alright, hopefully it's not too far off. Can't wait for some AOSP Kit Kat😍

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
HTC One on Verizon (Daily Driver)
Google Nexus 4 by LG Unlocked (Developer Phone)

Device Timeline:

LG Chocolate > LG enV3 > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One

Developer Phones:

Motorola DROID 2, Apple iPhone 5s

LightAeterna
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm in the exact same boat, friend. Never really saw a need to unlock or root prior to the OTA but now I'm having serious battery issues, mainly the phone radio using over 50% of my battery daily. I've been googling so hard I've almost broken my internets, but can't seem to find anyway to downgrade to use rum runner. I'm just dealing with it and hoping beaups and the other devs find a way to get us unlocked. Until then I'll wait patiently with my portable charger on hand lol.

rockingrubberducky
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightAeterna View Post
I'm in the exact same boat, friend. Never really saw a need to unlock or root prior to the OTA but now I'm having serious battery issues, mainly the phone radio using over 50% of my battery daily. I've been googling so hard I've almost broken my internets, but can't seem to find anyway to downgrade to use rum runner. I'm just dealing with it and hoping beaups and the other devs find a way to get us unlocked. Until then I'll wait patiently with my portable charger on hand lol.
Damn, sorry to hear that man. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long! Kit Kat looks delicious!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
HTC One on Verizon (Daily Driver)
Google Nexus 4 by LG Unlocked (Developer Phone)

Device Timeline:

LG Chocolate > LG enV3 > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One

Developer Phones:

Motorola DROID 2, Apple iPhone 5s

The Stig 04
Old
(Last edited by The Stig 04; 26th December 2013 at 05:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockingrubberducky View Post
So you're saying if I was rooted before, I can root again?

What he is saying is that if you used rumrunner or sent it in to gain S-OFF, all you would have to do is download the superuser zip file and in TWRP flash the superuser file. When you reboot you might need to update the binaries but that would do it.

Gained root again on my device after taking the 4.3 update.

Edit:
Oh dang I never finished reading the thread and saw the question was answered. =)

brymaster5000
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1110

DONATE TO ME
Has anyone tried taking the .15 encrypted RUU after taking the 4.3 update who is NOT rooted? I need to send my phone in for camera pink tint and am worried they will update it to 4.3 after returning to stock.

Sent from my Oney Bone.

TEAM ECLIPTIC
Kernel Developer

Like my work? Consider donating to my new phone fund...wouldn't mind deving for the m8.

Devices:
HTC One vzw
Incredible 2 = retired
Nook Color

santod040
Old
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5273

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brymaster5000 View Post
Has anyone tried taking the .15 encrypted RUU after taking the 4.3 update who is NOT rooted? I need to send my phone in for camera pink tint and am worried they will update it to 4.3 after returning to stock.

Sent from my Oney Bone.
No, it won't work, it prevents your from downgrading, as HTC software has always done.
If I had a locked device, there are a couple things I would try to see if I could make it work.
Likely they wouldn't though, and I'd hate to get anyone's hopes up or send them down an unsuccessful path.
Bottomline being, there is currently no way to unlock, or to downgrade from a locked 4.3 device, to achieve an unlock.
Current Devices: HTC Thunderbolt | HTC Droid DNA | HTC One

Follow me on Twitter
ULTIMATE WALLS WVGA Wallpaper Collection
Donations always appreciated! Never required!

LightAeterna
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by brymaster5000 View Post

Sent from my Oney Bone.
Oh yeah I've been trying. I tried multiple downloads from multiple sources but they all hang up at the checking main version action and then fail. It's pretty much just playing the waiting game for rum runner and attempting patience. I'm not too hopeful for anything in the next few weeks since everyone has been busy with Christmas and such and New Years coming up. But if it can be done, the devs on here will do it.