ROM recommendations? Replacing viper s 3.1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Ch3vr0n

May 6, 2009
Hey folks,

Lately viperS has been experiencing random shutdowns on my sensation xe. Some threads claim it to be due to SebastienFM kernel. I don't like pointing fingers, but it has come to a point where it's annoying me big time. It only happened a while after updating to 3.1.4 through OTA. 3.1.2 did not have that problem.

Now, a while back I got myself a new been nexus 7 and I rally dig that stock android shell. Makes the HTC shell look slow and bulky.

I checked out cwm but they stopped at 9. How are those unofficial ones.

So i want some recommendations. I have a few requirements.

*android as up to date as possible (my nexus 7 is on 4.4.2)
*as smooth as possible with the sensation XE's limited ram
*stock android ui? I don't mind losing HTC widgets, there's always alternatives.
*USB host support (may require newer firmware, see specs below) is mandatory with read/write permission? My nexus 7 can only read for some reason.
*maintained by OTA updates?
*has to be compatible with EU cellphone frequencies as I want to be able to keep sending calls and texts.

Device:

HTC sensation xe, hboot 1.29, s-OFF, twrp recovery 2.6.3.0(can swap to 4ext if needed.)

So what can the community recommend me?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Ch3vr0n

May 6, 2009
Sorry, didn't know where to post it as there is no specific section for my device. Only the standard and xl version. Can any mid then please move this topic?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

erdal67

Nov 1, 2012
XE and 4g are the same as the original sensation...
But you can try Viper 5.0 if you prefer Sense or if you like experimenting and stock android i'll go for a 4.4.2 rom like Carbon or CyanogenMod 11

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

pandaball

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2011
Moved to Q&A as this is a question. Thread closed as it is a question about the best ROM, which isn't allowed. Try the ROMs yourself and see what fits your requirements :)

Status
Not open for further replies.