5,601,062 Members 45,657 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

qi charging with touchwiz (s3rx)

Tip us?

miatawnt2b
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default qi charging with touchwiz (s3rx)

Just got a qi charger for my s3. It did come from amazon, but is a no-name kit. The qi charging coil is rated at 5v 1000mA. I have verified there is indeed 5v coming out of the coil when it sits on the pad (tested with multimeter)

So... I put the coil in the phone, pop on the back cover, sit it on the pad. The light on the pad blinks green continuously, and the phone never sees a charge.

I am running s3rx 2.1 I was windering if it may be rom related since this is ATT touchwiz based.

Anything i should try before sending this back?
-J

drx895
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatawnt2b View Post
Just got a qi charger for my s3. It did come from amazon, but is a no-name kit. The qi charging coil is rated at 5v 1000mA. I have verified there is indeed 5v coming out of the coil when it sits on the pad (tested with multimeter)

So... I put the coil in the phone, pop on the back cover, sit it on the pad. The light on the pad blinks green continuously, and the phone never sees a charge.

I am running s3rx 2.1 I was windering if it may be rom related since this is ATT touchwiz based.

Anything i should try before sending this back?
-J
To my knowledge, the S3 doesn't have native wireless charging although it does have the possibility (I think).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Phone
Rooted AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
Latest Quantum 4.4 KitKat with QuantumKernel
Project Butter at its finest

jimchee
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Is the coil connected to the terminals?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

miatawnt2b
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
definately connected. The light on the charging pad will go solid green when just the coil is laying on the Qi pad. When the coil is in the light on the pad blinks constantly. I''ve also manually held the terminals on the phone with the same result.