5,606,465 Members 33,301 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] $49 Walmart Tablet root?

Tip us?
 
WillB53
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default [Q] $49 Walmart Tablet root?

I got the $49 walmart tablet on black friday, have been trying to get a root for it ever since, it is an RCA RCT6378W2, android ver. 4.2.2 I need the ADB drivers and maybe more. Tried contacting the support at RCA and got back :

andrew@1800customersupport.com

to me
I think you have to get those from the Adobe web site. they have step by step instructions how to load it into the android devices and google play removed it from their site.

Regards
RCA Tech Support

so from that I basically got a "**** off pal".

Could use some help here, thanks!
 
OffcerClancy
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 146
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillB53 View Post
I got the $49 walmart tablet on black friday, have been trying to get a root for it ever since, it is an RCA RCT6378W2, android ver. 4.2.2 I need the ADB drivers and maybe more. Tried contacting the support at RCA and got back :

andrew@1800customersupport.com

to me
I think you have to get those from the Adobe web site. they have step by step instructions how to load it into the android devices and google play removed it from their site.

Regards
RCA Tech Support

so from that I basically got a "**** off pal".

Could use some help here, thanks!
You should read this (note is mobile link):
http://m.androidcentral.com/ac-holid...-cheap-tablets
The Following User Says Thank You to OffcerClancy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mrsweet08
Old
#3  
mrsweet08's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 20
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffcerClancy View Post
You should read this (note is mobile link):
http://m.androidcentral.com/ac-holid...-cheap-tablets
Umm I just got this device today and I don't see why you are saying this really its not a bad tablet. Sure the screen resolution isn't all that great but what do you expect from a 800480 screen. I mean at the price of $40 originally $80 its a damn good deal I was just playing modern combat 3 on it with no lags or problems at all.
I'm getting set up to root and all that so I can attempt to over clock a little as the processor is capable of pulling 1.6GHz its only at 1.2GHz atm.

Sent from my RCT6378W2 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffcerClancy View Post
You should read this (note is mobile link):
http://m.androidcentral.com/ac-holid...-cheap-tablets
You should get PDA net and do all that it says once it installs the drivers on your PC you can get rid of the app. Hope this helps you out

Sent from my RCT6378W2 using xda app-developers app
 
OffcerClancy
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 146
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsweet08 View Post
Umm I just got this device today and I don't see why you are saying this really its not a bad tablet. Sure the screen resolution isn't all that great but what do you expect from a 800480 screen. I mean at the price of $40 originally $80 its a damn good deal I was just playing modern combat 3 on it with no lags or problems at all.
I'm getting set up to root and all that so I can attempt to over clock a little as the processor is capable of pulling 1.6GHz its only at 1.2GHz atm.

Sent from my RCT6378W2 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------



You should get PDA net and do all that it says once it installs the drivers on your PC you can get rid of the app. Hope this helps you out

Sent from my RCT6378W2 using xda app-developers app
I don't know the first thing about your device, including what kind it is. I merely provided the above link because, as I noted, you might find it interesting given the subject of your post; nothing more.
 
mrsweet08
Old
#5  
mrsweet08's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 20
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffcerClancy View Post
I don't know the first thing about your device, including what kind it is. I merely provided the above link because, as I noted, you might find it interesting given the subject of your post; nothing more.
Okay sorry if that sounded rude didn't mean for it to and I don't know why it quoted you for both of my replies I was trying to quote the person above you for the PDAnet suggestion. Again sorry if it sounded rude. The link did give me some useful info tho so thanks.

Sent from my RCT6378W2 using xda app-developers app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes