5,594,077 Members 47,149 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

JuiceDefender, GreenPower, or Snapdragon BatteryGuru?

Tip us?

riot1031
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default JuiceDefender, GreenPower, or Snapdragon BatteryGuru?

I'm looking to squeeze a little extra battery life out of my DNA. I've used JuiceDefender in the past, but it looks like it hasn't been updated in forever. I've never used GreenPower, but it looks like it gets decent reviews. I think I tried BatteryGuru when it first came out (maybe a year ago?) and wasn't too impressed. Does anyone use any of these and get good results?

On the newest stock rom, under power settings, there is a toggle for "Sleep mode". It says it turns off data "during long periods of inactivity". Has anyone noticed a difference with this on or off?

I already do the standard battery saving stuff (turn brightness down, turn off Wi-Fi/bluetooth when not in use, etc.). Doors anyone have any other suggestions to get longer battery life? Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

GrzlyAdms
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1031 View Post
I'm looking to squeeze a little extra battery life out of my DNA. I've used JuiceDefender in the past, but it looks like it hasn't been updated in forever. I've never used GreenPower, but it looks like it gets decent reviews. I think I tried BatteryGuru when it first came out (maybe a year ago?) and wasn't too impressed. Does anyone use any of these and get good results?

On the newest stock rom, under power settings, there is a toggle for "Sleep mode". It says it turns off data "during long periods of inactivity". Has anyone noticed a difference with this on or off?

I already do the standard battery saving stuff (turn brightness down, turn off Wi-Fi/bluetooth when not in use, etc.). Doors anyone have any other suggestions to get longer battery life? Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Not sure if this will help, but I just started using a combination of greenify and wakelock detector today in an attempt to prolong battery life. I know these both operate completely different than the apps you asked about... I've noticed that most apps that "actively manage" settings to control battery usage end up burning quite a bit of juice themselves. Plus, it seems like you're already managing the setting those apps attempt to. Thought I'd stick to managing everything manually with a little help/info through greenify and wakelock d. I've also read good reviews on Gsam (similar to wakelock d). I'll let you know how well the combo works.
The Following User Says Thank You to GrzlyAdms For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]