Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HTC One X-At&t Apn settings for data, 3g and etc.

OP Jesushasadroid

3rd August 2012, 11:29 PM   |  #51  
Flag Parker, CO
Thanks Meter: 53

465 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

Mine picked up the APN from the SIM and they're slightly different than yours. Mine are in red.

Name: can be anything [MediaNet]
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: leave blank [wireless.cingular.com]
Port: leave blank [80]
Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password:CINGULAR1
Server: leave blank
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com [66.209.11.32]
MMS Port: 80 [8080]
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC:310
MNC:410
APN Type: leave blank [.]

I have an LTE plan, and I was given these settings and they work fine. Odd. The SIM did it automatically, but I had an LTE phone before this.

Sent from my HTC One X
3rd August 2012, 11:43 PM   |  #52  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,400

8,972 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibikin

I have an LTE plan, and I was given these settings and they work fine. Odd. The SIM did it automatically, but I had an LTE phone before this.

Sent from my HTC One X

SIM's are serialized. You SIM's s/n is associated to your plan. The plan drives the SIM, not vice versa. Since you and I are on different plans it would make sense for us to use different APN's. A lot of people have issues when the s/n of the SIM theyíre using isnít provisioned correctly in their account. When everything works as it should you shouldn't need to change the APNs. The problem on the SGS3 forum is it doesn't work like it should. They also have a ton of issues with fast dormancy being enabled where we donít. The cellular radio in the One X is the best Iíve ever used and Iíve used it overseas on about a dozen different networks now. I always had problems with my i9100 because no matter what APN settings I used it would sporadically screw up MMS and it sucked registering on foreign networks.
11th August 2012, 05:02 AM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 635

2,882 posts
More
Got the AT&T MicroSIM, popped it in and it works fine
Had to discuss with the people at the AT&T store to get data but at the and they activated the data plan for me
They said the One X doesn't support data on the GoPhone PrePaid plans...

Really liking AT&T, it's HSPA+ coverage and the HSPA+ speeds. Much faster than my operator in Germany (it's the 2nd worst out of the 4 operators we have, gotta change soon).
Here in San Francisco I got 6.2Mbit/s down at 23:11 yesterday with the GoPhone 1GB Data Plan
Couldn't test in Vegas, these guys really didn't want to activate data and the Taxi waited outside so no time for long discussions, got data activated here in SF

Strange thing is that the Speedtest app doesn't work with the MediaNet APN.
Using the "phone" APN anyway to get full HSPA+ speeds and with that it works fine.
Another strange thing here is that I had to enter " phone" (with space) instead of "phone" for the APN to get an internet connection.

But now it works fine and I'm happy
Thanks for the help guys
Last edited by Flo95; 11th August 2012 at 05:06 AM.
19th August 2012, 09:07 PM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I have the one x from gci Alaska, its quad core. I'm using it on AT&T but it only gets edge. Pls help.
20th August 2012, 11:38 AM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 200

1,630 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesushasadroid

I just got my HTC One X today. When i pop in the micro sim card, i could receive calls and text , but no data. Here's what work for me. I added a new apn....

Name: can be anything
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: leave blank
Port: leave blank
Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password:CINGULAR1
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MNC:410
APN Type: leave blank

That APN will restrict you to 7.5 Mbps even though your device supports 21 Mbps...
5th October 2012, 06:55 PM   |  #56  

2 posts
Hey i put a go-phone att sim with unlimited data for non-smartphones on unlocked htc one x. The settings does not work for me. Also my phone shows a 4g symbol beside the signal bar. Do i have to use different settings? Im new to these things, please help me out!
4th May 2013, 08:21 PM   |  #57  

2 posts
thanks,it worked for me.
I bought used HTC ONE X of ATT from local craiglist. I cut my regular sim into microSIM with blade(the guy who sold the phone to me left his SIM inside). it worked for voice and wifi. Not untill later I realized the data did not work although I am on prepaid plan with data.
I called ATT CS and Chated with online CS, THEY both told me this is 4G phone which will work for voice on prepaid plan.
my old HTC aria works on 3G. so I put that 3Gsetting into HTC ONE X named MediaNet(deault APN ATT will not connect, saying improper APN although there is a 4g bar). Then I searched your post. and made a little change. restart phone and phone is communicating, but data still not work. Then I log in my ATT account found that all my remaining data is GONE!!!!!(ATT CS already updated my IMEI earlier. they might just removed my data and don't want me to use).
I just bought another small data to see whether it will work. it worked.

many thanks! otherwise I have to go with T-mobile with slow speed. mine says 4G.

AGAIN #43 APN name is very important as previous post said.

24th June 2013, 06:07 PM   |  #58  
Thanks Meter: 14

96 posts
htc one x under medianet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

Sorry, I should have said to ignore the other stuff. The thread itself is about Yanks using a UK phone permanently in the U.S. Up until the SGS3 was released you could get unlimited data within the $50 prepaid plan because AT&T wasn't screening for smartphones. They've started now so you'll have to buy a data add-on along with the $50 (or $25) plan. Remember to cancel it when you leave. It's a monthly plan that self-renews.

AT&T for their post-paid plans doesn't screen for smartphones so there's quite a few of us using imported phones that are able to get unlimited data for $10 per month. That's the cruxt of that thread. That's also part of the above discussion about which APN's to use. Yours should set itself up automatically. If it doesn't use the screen shots above to set them manually. The password that's hidden is cingular1.

I was curious to see if some of you here with the htc one x international still use it under AT&T's cheap medianet plan. I saw one guy had one but switched to a Chinese phone because his htc x international phone was flagged multiple times by AT&t.
27th December 2013, 02:57 AM   |  #59  
Flag Lancaster, PA
Thanks Meter: 1

33 posts
More
Latest HTC One X APN Settings
Hello everyone,
I recently flashed my HTC One X and my mms wasn't working, so I did some research and I found the latest APN settings for a HTC One and it works fine with my One X so enjoy

Name: can be anything but I put Straight Talk LTE
APN: tfdata
Proxy: leave blank
Port: leave blank
Username:
Password:
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS Port: 80
MMS protocol: wap 2.0