5,598,297 Members 48,114 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

case disable notification panel ?!

Tip us?

digitalH
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default case disable notification panel ?!

Hello,

i recently bought a 10.1 2014 and i got an official case with it.

This case got a magnetic band which is working pretty weirdly.
Actually i always thought that a tab will sleep when the cover close thanks to the light sensore.

This one detect the magnet, and even when i open it and put the cover behind the tab, it will sense the magnet and stop the screen.
This is annoying.

But worse, when i start the screen again and that the tab is still on the cover (which is behind fully opened) i wont be able to bring down the notification panel. this is insane...

Any idea why ? is my tab working wrong ? or its my Case which is totally ****e ?
http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites/...ote10case2.jpg this kind of case

jgaf
Old
Thanks Meter 385

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalH View Post
Hello,

i recently bought a 10.1 2014 and i got an official case with it.

This case got a magnetic band which is working pretty weirdly.
Actually i always thought that a tab will sleep when the cover close thanks to the light sensore.

This one detect the magnet, and even when i open it and put the cover behind the tab, it will sense the magnet and stop the screen.
This is annoying.

But worse, when i start the screen again and that the tab is still on the cover (which is behind fully opened) i wont be able to bring down the notification panel. this is insane...

Any idea why ? is my tab working wrong ? or its my Case which is totally ****e ?
http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites/...ote10case2.jpg this kind of case
Same thing happens to me with the moko slim fit case. I think it is due to the magnets being slightly stronger than average. I put a cloth between the case and the camera area and it stops it from doing that. Still I will probably send the case back. I have till the end of January to return it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
Devices

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition [Still unrooted/waiting for Knox 0x0)
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3: Task & Ktoonsez AOKP Jellybean 4.3
NookColor 8GB: MiRaGe - KANG build of CyanogenMod

Retired:
ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T 32GB: JellyBean Hydro 7.0 Liquid Butter (I killed the digitizer)

Check out my Sixaxis Controller app profiles for the TF300T

Check out my Sixaxis Controller app profiles for the Samsung Galaxy S3

zonizx111
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This happened to me too and crashed the notification panel which is very annoying. I just tried put a piece of cloth b/t camera & case and see if that helps. I'm glad that I'm not the only one experience notification panel crashed or something.

digitalH
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Thank you for your answers.

If it can change the behavior of the system like this, do you think that after a time it might dammage the hardware to have a permanent magnet stuck to the tab ?

Geordie Affy
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:

If it can change the behavior of the system like this, do you think that after a time it might dammage the hardware to have a permanent magnet stuck to the tab ?
Sutely it will cause some permenant damage after using such cases for prolonged lenght of time which is why I never bothered with the cheapy cases, not worth the risk.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Dell Inspiron 1720 - Awesome Laptop

>>X<<
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:

Its an official case get them to replace it.

digitalH
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by >>X<< View Post
Its an official case get them to replace it.
I sure will !