[HOW-TO] Extract the signed PIT for your GS4 (i337, i545, i9505)

Search This thread

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro
To extract the signed PIT file for use with Odin/Heimdall or anything else for the Galaxy S4 (SCH-1545, SGH-1337 and related Qualcomm variant S4's) first root your S4 then download terminal emulator.

Open terminal emulator and type the following commands:
Code:
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/sch1545.pit bs=8 count=580 skip=2176

If you happen to have a pit file from a factory image you can compare the md5's. They should match, see attached image.

ZpKJGpMl.png

Last edited:

biglil1

May 22, 2012
Gwinn
Can I do these commands on adb?
Subscribed!!

Edit: After a few tries I finally got it to work; how big should the file be? Mine is 4.53kb
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Can I do these commands on adb?
Subscribed!!

Edit: After a few tries I finally got it to work; how big should the file be? Mine is 4.53kb

4,640÷8 = 580
4,640÷1,024 = 4.53125 = ~4.53kb

Yep. Should be 4.53 but make sure by using md5sums

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: biglil1

biglil1

May 22, 2012
Gwinn
4,640÷8 = 580
4,640÷1,024 = 4.53125 = ~4.53kb

Yep. Should be 4.53 but make sure by using md5sums

Thanks; I did it on a custom rom (Echoe) but when I get out of work I'll check everything out in more detail

biglil1

May 22, 2012
Gwinn
Ran md5checker then realized I don't have that rom zip file on my phone any more so I checked to see if I still had it on my pc but I didn't. I do have the update for that rom and gonna flash it hopefully in the next couple of days and try this again.

What would happen if I flashed the pit file I created and Odin recognized it as having the wrong md5 #?

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Ran md5checker then realized I don't have that rom zip file on my phone any more so I checked to see if I still had it on my pc but I didn't. I do have the update for that rom and gonna flash it hopefully in the next couple of days and try this again.

What would happen if I flashed the pit file I created and Odin recognized it as having the wrong md5 #?

Dont flash a pit file ever unless your close to bricked. I just thought this was good info for people to know. What was rhe md5?

biglil1

May 22, 2012
Gwinn
Yeah I figured instead of the stock MDK pit file when I'm faced with that I'll try the one I created with this method. I hope you can see it but here is the md5 for my created pit file

y4ypydem.jpg

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yeah I figured instead of the stock MDK pit file when I'm faced with that I'll try the one I created with this method. I hope you can see it but here is the md5 for my created pit file

y4ypydem.jpg

If you look at the image I uploaded in the OP, you'll notice that one of the files is the pit file from an odin factory tar, and the md5 value for the pit you created is exactly the same as the values in in the pic. You did it right.

Reactions: biglil1

biglil1

May 22, 2012
Gwinn
If you look at the image I uploaded in the OP, you'll notice that one of the files is the pit file from an odin factory tar, and the md5 value for the pit you created is exactly the same as the values in in the pic. You did it right.

Thanks; no I didn't notice that

@ Surge1223

Good work here

How would I go about finding the right bs= count = skip= numbers for an AT&T Galaxy S4-ZOOM SM-C105a Lte camera/phone it has the dual core exynos 4212 chip

This phone really needs some love from the devs It has root available but that's it, no custom recovery
so I've decided I'm going to have to start learning more of this for myself but before I delve in to deep I need info such as this so as to be able to restore when .not if I f - it all up A .pit file would be an essential escpecialy since there is not even a stock firmware image available from either AT&T or Samsung even almost 2 years after production This is the first Samsung phone I've ever Known of to not have an available stock firmware solution let alone anything custom

Sorry about the Rant can you point me in the right direction I have preformed full dd dumps of two of these phones both on 4.3 MJ2 firmware but as i stated I can only access adb from a running OS as there is no custom recovery available so even there I'm not 100% comfortable that I could restore from any and every scenario Again please help

Thanks in advance

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro
@ Surge1223

Good work here

How would I go about finding the right bs= count = skip= numbers for an AT&T Galaxy S4-ZOOM SM-C105a Lte camera/phone it has the dual core exynos 4212 chip

This phone really needs some love from the devs It has root available but that's it, no custom recovery
so I've decided I'm going to have to start learning more of this for myself but before I delve in to deep I need info such as this so as to be able to restore when .not if I f - it all up A .pit file would be an essential escpecialy since there is not even a stock firmware image available from either AT&T or Samsung even almost 2 years after production This is the first Samsung phone I've ever Known of to not have an available stock firmware solution let alone anything custom

Sorry about the Rant can you point me in the right direction I have preformed full dd dumps of two of these phones both on 4.3 MJ2 firmware but as i stated I can only access adb from a running OS as there is no custom recovery available so even there I'm not 100% comfortable that I could restore from any and every scenario Again please help

Thanks in advance

Bs is still probs 8. The count and skip involve some investigative work. I explained in another thread somewhere let me try to find it to link you...

Bs is still probs 8. The count and skip involve some investigative work. I explained in another thread somewhere let me try to find it to link you...

Would greatly appreciate bro any other ideas you might have on boosting development for the S4-ZOOM are welcome also whether they be links to info on making my own twrp recovery.img from source or links to those who might be willing to help or even do it for me This is a great community for learning sharing and the like thanks to productive members such as yourself

Thanks again

@ Surge1223 or anyone else with the know-how
Hey Bro

I'm still no closer to creating the .pit for my C-105a any chance you remember where that thread lyes
Thanks again I don't want to be a pest

Top Liked Posts