5,598,542 Members 46,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.2.2 Update & Root/Rom Question

Tip us?

SirSynonymous
Old
(Last edited by SirSynonymous; 27th December 2013 at 02:36 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 4.2.2 Update & Root/Rom Question

I have an HTC DNA running the following:
Android Version: 4.1.1
HTC Sense Version: 4+
Software Number: 2.06.605.1 710RD
Baseband Version: 1.01.04.0308
Provider: T-Mobile*

*Please note, I use T-Mobile when reading this.

1. Is there any way to update to 4.2.2 without rooting? I do not have an active Verizon sim, as I am on T-Mobile.
2. If I root my phone, and add a ROM, can I still use my T-Mobile sim? Will I lose any features? Will I have to re-add the T-Mobile API Settings?
3. Do I need to be S-Off to add a ROM or can I just Unlock Bootloader/Root w S-ON and add ROM?
4. Will I lose the 'Beats By Dre' Software if I use a ROM?
5. Will moonshine do S-Off and Unlock bootloader or just s-off? Can i load a rom right after using moonshine only?

Thanks

t1gartist
Old
(Last edited by t1gartist; 27th December 2013 at 02:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 287
1 no you have to root and s-off perferablly since its so much easier to flash
2 ? just need a gsm rom i believe someone said only verzion lte band many some other hspa feqs so im not sure)
3.no you dont but need either to flash boot.img via fastboot everytime or flahs boot.img viaflash image gui everytime or you can go s-off and just flash one zip and done ( btw you must extract the boot.img from the zip and flash it manually via s-on) <<< and that blows bad buddy slow as hell.
4depends if you pick a rom with beats or not.(aosp does not have beats by dre and some sense roms dont either they go with acid audio or with sony so choose wisely)
round 2 with hardware failure maybe the heat from welding maybe to much flashing i dunno but htc and asurion aren't happy lol.

smartphones and ironwork dumb choices

you dont remember huh? time travel to before that dubby bro.