XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone in NYC?

Tip us?

dmcgeogs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Anyone in NYC?

I have no clue how to root or whatever and was wondering if anyone knows of any place or person in the NYC area that will root my watch for me. I don't want to have to return it because of the lack of functions without seeing what potential it actually has

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

almulder1092
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcgeogs View Post
I have no clue how to root or whatever and was wondering if anyone knows of any place or person in the NYC area that will root my watch for me. I don't want to have to return it because of the lack of functions without seeing what potential it actually has

first of congrats on getting a gear, second. are you wanting to us the null rom or just want the device rooted?

Gear - [Tutorial] Null_ / FreeFalling Theme / Dr Who Sound/Boot Theme / & More (Updated Jan 16, 2014)

Gear - [Tutorial] (Non Null_) Rooting / Nova / ATN / UCCW / ect. (Updated 11/04/13)

If you feel I have helped you out and would like to donate please do so.
Replaster My Pool Fund - Donate
Thanks!

Note 3 (T-Mobile) / International Rom / Galaxy Gear with - null_ - FreeFalling Theme - Doctor Who Sounds, Boot

dmcgeogs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I'm not sure. I don't know wat any of that means. I just want to have more apps etc on it. I've never rooted or nulled anything before. I've read the threads about rooting and null but it's so confusing for fora newbie

dmcgeogs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I just want to be able to put apps on the watch. The app available in gear manager are crap

aviguera
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcgeogs View Post
I just want to be able to put apps on the watch. The app available in gear manager are crap

What else have you seen though? After you install Null there are a few apps out there that you can install, but a lot of them are not built for the screen/keyboard on the watch, so you might not use them much.

It would be useful to install a custom ROM so you can tinker with it, but it's not like it's going to open the flood gates for you when it comes to custom apps

I work in the city BTW (near the ferry) but I won't be back in the office until next week. I can probably walk you through it though, it's really not that hard.