XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Weird Google Login Error Popping Up Regularly

Tip us?

beerindex
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Weird Google Login Error Popping Up Regularly

The above pops up sometimes on its own, as well as generally when I get an alert for a new text or the like. But my Google Account is already synced and seems to be in working order for the apps that need it. And when I click through on the above to try and log in, nothing happens.

Any thoughts as to what is causing it, and how to fix it? Been having this issue for about a week now (which induced me to try and upgrade...was not pleased with the experience, so I reverted to my most recent backup, and the problem is thus still there.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 (SPH-L720)
Android: 4.2.2
Kernel version: KT 3.4.56
Rom: SACS_Custom v4.x
Baseband version: L720VPUAMJA
Build number: JDQ39.L720VPUAMF9
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0
SELinux status: Permissive
Root: CF-Autoroot

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 556
I'm not running sac's rom, but I heard there is a fix for that error in the rom thread. Do a search for google sign in error in the rom thread.
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.6.3.0

imbmiller
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerindex View Post

The above pops up sometimes on its own, as well as generally when I get an alert for a new text or the like. But my Google Account is already synced and seems to be in working order for the apps that need it. And when I click through on the above to try and log in, nothing happens.

Any thoughts as to what is causing it, and how to fix it? Been having this issue for about a week now (which induced me to try and upgrade...was not pleased with the experience, so I reverted to my most recent backup, and the problem is thus still there.
From a computer check your Google account setting to verify that two factor authentication is turned off.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SPH-L720 on T-mobile renamed the KMA-S720 (Kiss My A** - Sprint 720)

Guide: SPH-L720 Domestic SIM Unlock For T-Mobile