5,597,084 Members 46,424 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[WIP][MOD]Multi Window / Multi View

Tip us?

cadialex
Old
(Last edited by cadialex; 27th December 2013 at 07:52 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [WIP][MOD]Multi Window / Multi View

Hi everyone !
I've seen on the forums for the GS2 that there has been a port for this device, so I think we could also port that on our phone. I've also seen that another thread has already been created, but it hasn't been updated since a while.

I already started working on multi window a few weeks ago, by trying to apply the tutorial I found about modifying android.policy.jar and SecSettings.apk (and some more files) and it didn't work well, because of a simple reason : in pur framework, there are not all of the files we need to port multi window. I request your help to try to find out what files / components we should modify. I think some parts of android.policy.jar are missing (in comparison to the S2 one) but I haven't had enough time to investigate

Perhaps we should also look at the first JB builds for S Advance : they could contain the framework properties we are looking after

I'm already waiting at your feedbacks about my idea(s), and will try to reply to you as soon as possible (I'm not doing development during the next two weeks, and I'm not sure I'll have some internet

Good luck if you have the courage to begin this hard work. I'll do my best to support you and to port it on my site !!!

Edit : if you are interested, I will try to attach my first .zip update (it doesn't work but it shows the files we must modify or add)

Chirag_Galani
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2243

DONATE TO ME
Have a look... And dude imo this thread should be in Q&A
Current progress of this project -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=43252806

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

cadialex
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Well it seems like this thread is a little bit abandoned... There also hasn't been lots of progress (IMO). And I would like to make this project a community project, where everyone can help

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app

mykimouse
Old
Thanks Meter 68
I respect your decision to make a multi window working mod for our device. But since we have just a 4 inch screen it wouldn't be helpful. We already have multi window OmniRom working but I never used that feature at all. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk