5,598,820 Members 32,329 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Recover titanium backup data with helium?!

Tip us?

zzeettoo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Recover titanium backup data with helium?!

Hi there.
I have the following issue:
My old phone is a rooted htc vision (android 2.3). I want to transfer app data (savegames, settings, whatsapp verification, etc...) to my new phone which is an unrooted nexus 5.
I have titanium backups of my 2.3 apps but i can't use them on my nexus 5 as it is not rooted.
Is there a way to use the titanium backup files with helium (which works without root)?!
Or do i have any other opportunity to get the existing app data from the old phone to the new one without rooting the nexus?

macaroons
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am exactly in the same situation. Would anybody share some ideas on how to go about doing this? I even tried searching for an older version of helium but that didn't work out too well.

zzeettoo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I''ve done it with helium only.
I installed an ICS rom on my htc vision (any andoid 4.x rom will do) and simply used helium to back up all my apps (including data).
Then used helium to restore everything on the nexus again, done.
The Following User Says Thank You to zzeettoo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

macaroons
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Followed what you said. Flashed a 4.x ROM on my MT4G and was able to install helium on it. Although I had to actually buy the premium version of helium ($4.99) to restore from my MT4G, I was finally able to transfer the data across my devices. Thanks!