5,593,650 Members 40,138 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[OPINIONS] Reasons to keep this S4

Tip us?

v1nsai
Old
(Last edited by kennyglass123; 27th December 2013 at 01:01 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Smile [OPINIONS] Reasons to keep this S4

I was an Android early adopter and I've carried 6 or 7 different Android phones. After having stability and battery issues with every droid I touched, I jumped ship and have been happily on a jailbroken iPhone the last two years. I felt like tinkering and I haven't touched a droid since they went to multi-core CPU's, so I got an S4. Had some problems that could probably be fixed by flashing Cyanogenmod, but I was so disgusted with yet another Android phone that came to me broken out of the box that I just put it back and was planning to throw it back at AT&T. I've been thinking on it though, and I still really want to play with it, but at this point I'm just risking getting stuck with it if something goes wrong and I can't get it to flash back to stock.

So remind someone who's been away from Android since 2.3, what's out there that makes this better than my 2 year old iPhone 4S? Any other iOS converts care to share what I'm missing? From what I've seen, the battery life is worse, the stability is questionable, and the responsiveness and speed are about the same. As far as apps themselves go, seems like anything on one can be found on the other. Why bother switching from a stable phone?

I'd also be curious if anyone has successfully flashed from the Cyanogenmod Stable back to stock. I've spent enough hours of my life frantically researching flashing issues while my phone is a brick to not risk flashing this phone while I'm still on the fence about keeping it.

Thanks for any input, and please no one scream at me for liking something different than you. I like my iPhone because I can trust it, I don't begrudge anyone else for what they use.

VECTUS
Old
(Last edited by VECTUS; 27th December 2013 at 04:15 AM.)
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6354

DONATE TO ME
All these questions can be answered with ofsearch at XDA. Please read and follow the rules. We have about a thousand of these already here at XDA. Not to be a jerk but these type of posts clutter XDA when simply sitting down with a cup of joe and reading the forums on a Sunday morning will make for much learning and interest...

CLICK TO FIND OUT WHAT XDA IS AND WHY I MODERATED THE WAY I DID

"The more you explain it, the more I don't understand it" - Mark Twain

Tags
apps, iphone, reliability, speed, stability
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe