5,600,429 Members 32,668 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Player 5.0, U.S is not turning on.

Tip us?
 
SoBlessed
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Dec 2013
Unhappy [Q] Galaxy Player 5.0, U.S is not turning on.

Hello,
I just recently rooted my Galaxy Player and flashed CM 10.1 on to it. Everything worked fine except it's buttons were not working. I then used Odin and flashed a kernal on to it to get the buttons working again ( I have done this before when I flashed CWM on to my device and it worked fine ). However the device never booted back up. The device ran out of battery and whenever I turn it on i get an error which is shown in the picture bellow. Can someone please help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131225_153206.jpg
Views:	823
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	2474488  
 
TheKryptonite
Old
(Last edited by TheKryptonite; 25th December 2013 at 09:59 PM.)
#2  
TheKryptonite's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 429
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBlessed View Post
Hello,
I just recently rooted my Galaxy Player and flashed CM 10.1 on to it. Everything worked fine except it's buttons were not working. I then used Odin and flashed a kernal on to it to get the buttons working again ( I have done this before when I flashed CWM on to my device and it worked fine ). However the device never booted back up. The device ran out of battery and whenever I turn it on i get an error which is shown in the picture bellow. Can someone please help?
That's forced download mode, Just flash a stock ROM via Odin and you're good to go.

I'm assuming you flashed a pre 4.0 kernel, which is why this happened.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheKryptonite For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
SoBlessed
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKryptonite View Post
That's forced download mode, Just flash a stock ROM via Odin and you're good to go.

I'm assuming you flashed a pre 4.0 kernel, which is why this happened.
Do you mind giving me a link to where I cant find a stock ROM, which I can flash using Odin and maybe a kernal that works with 4.0?
 
TheKryptonite
Old
(Last edited by TheKryptonite; 26th December 2013 at 02:42 AM.)
#4  
TheKryptonite's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 429
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBlessed View Post
Do you mind giving me a link to where I cant find a stock ROM, which I can flash using Odin and maybe a kernal that works with 4.0?

Stock ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1465144

Kernel that works for 4.0: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2252851 or http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2266743
The Following User Says Thank You to TheKryptonite For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
SoBlessed
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Dec 2013
Thanks man, you're a life saver
 
TheKryptonite
Old
#6  
TheKryptonite's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 429
Join Date: Sep 2012
No prob.
 
SoBlessed
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKryptonite View Post
No prob.
I just flashed the stock ROM onto my device and now it just keeps on replaying the boot loader, once again I do not know what to do
 
TheKryptonite
Old
(Last edited by TheKryptonite; 27th December 2013 at 04:38 AM.)
#8  
TheKryptonite's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 429
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBlessed View Post
I just flashed the stock ROM onto my device and now it just keeps on replaying the boot loader, once again I do not know what to do
Did you try it more than once?

Anyway, flash this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1445840

After you flash that, go into CMW, wipe data/cache, and flash CM 10.1.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...