Default Can't send SMS and Calls after 4.3 update

I saw a topic almost the same as mine but I don't really understand what they're all saying as I am an Android Noob.. I think my case is different because I upgraded my phone without using the leaked one..

I just upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to 4.3 last Tuesday, 12/24/13 and today, I noticed that I can't send and receive SMS and Calls on my phone. I don't know if the problem is my phone or my sim card. I tried restarting the phone and reinserting the sim. I almost tried everything. I can't try a new sim because I have no extra micro sim in my house.
When I send a text, it says "currently unable to send your message. it will be sent when the service becomes available" then it goes on a message loop. When I try to call someone, it says "Not registered on network". The signal bar is full though.

Is there a way to solve this issue without having to root my phone? I still have it on warranty and I can't really follow complicated instructions since I'm new to Android.

if there is really no way of solving this issue, then i'll go to the SSC. however, i really want to fix this alone cause' i'm pretty sure that they'll wipe off everything from my phone. if wiping every off of my phone will solve the issue, than i guess i'll just have to give it to SSC.

Thank you.