XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Call bar always green Note 3

Tip us?

dinaki81
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Call bar always green Note 3

Ok, so I just bought the note 3 as an upgrade from my note 2. I set up the phone and came to make a call when I soon realized that the bar on top is ALWAYS green. It should be black until someone answers then it turns green and when the person hangs up it turns red. It's a small bug but it's rather frustrating. And also, before the set up was call, video call, message. On the note 3 its video call, call, message which is a bit confusing. Please help. I'm new to this whole thing. Thanks in advance

deadlyheart4u
Old
Thanks Meter 52

DONATE TO ME
Not with me any such issues. Never experience even

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

If you like my post hit thanks .
Cheers,
Aditya Bhimrajka

CEO, SimTechnos.in
Web|Apps|Seo|Mobile
-----------------------------

dinaki81
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I read a few other forums with the same issue so I figured it might be a setting option. Thanks for the quick reply. I called the store I got the phone from and they said they can't help...

brildenlanch
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinaki81 View Post
I read a few other forums with the same issue so I figured it might be a setting option. Thanks for the quick reply. I called the store I got the phone from and they said they can't help...
This happened to me when I first got my note. It went away after I disabled T-Mobile lookout mobile security. It may have just been a coincidence though.

dinaki81
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by brildenlanch View Post
This happened to me when I first got my note. It went away after I disabled T-Mobile lookout mobile security. It may have just been a coincidence though.

Thanks for the reply. I tried that and sadly the problem still occurs. I called Samsung and they said it was a problem with the update that will be fixed soon. I asked all my friends and they said the problem occurred after the update. This is what happens when you live in a non civilised country...

brildenlanch
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I tried that and sadly the problem still occurs. I called Samsung and they said it was a problem with the update that will be fixed soon. I asked all my friends and they said the problem occurred after the update. This is what happens when you live in a non civilised country...
I blame Samsung and their stupid Touchwiz UI. I got 4.4 on November 25th on my Nexus and 4.4.2 a week later. Yet here we are on near $800 phones and we don't even have 4.4 yet. Bunch of baloney. Might be getting a Nexus 6 instead of a Note 4 if they keep this up.

dinaki81
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by brildenlanch View Post
I blame Samsung and their stupid Touchwiz UI. I got 4.4 on November 25th on my Nexus and 4.4.2 a week later. Yet here we are on near $800 phones and we don't even have 4.4 yet. Bunch of baloney. Might be getting a Nexus 6 instead of a Note 4 if they keep this up.

I agree, simplest thing they could do is give us a non buggy phone after spending that kind of money. Well, hopefully the new update will fix this issue. Does anyones screen keep flickering on and off? The lights keep dimming on its own. Checked all the options and everything is off. Seems like the new update is needed today before tomorrow

brildenlanch
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
I agree, simplest thing they could do is give us a non buggy phone after spending that kind of money. Well, hopefully the new update will fix this issue. Does anyones screen keep flickering on and off? The lights keep dimming on its own. Checked all the options and everything is off. Seems like the new update is needed today before tomorrow
I thankfully don't have this problem. Chrome always opens to a totally black page when I click it from the dock, then as soon as I go to scroll, the page will appear. Nothing going on with the actual screen brightness though.

BunnyPig
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
When the phone is changing brightness that's because of the hardware. If your phone is really working hard on something it will dim the display to get extra power for the hardware. Don't have brightness on max if you would like to avoid this. It's a supersmart solution by Samsung.