5,594,282 Members 43,370 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TWRP installation on any rom on haida??

Tip us?

kushal_neov
Old
(Last edited by kushal_neov; 21st December 2013 at 06:49 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default TWRP installation on any rom on haida??

Once upon a time when ICS was released I downloaded this cwm install tool/script which would install the recovery contained in it to any ics kernel (I've only tried it for ics may work for jb too)...my question is that can I get something similar for twrp recovery...??

Note: I already know about Lupus kernel having twrp recovery but I'm not asking for a kernel...only asking for a twrp install tool.. I'm attaching the cwm install tool so you know what I mean..
Attached Files
File Type: zip CWM-Install.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.91 MB, 8 views)
See that *THANKS* button on the left..ya ryt there...HIT IT

kushal_neov
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
*bump*

deccen90
Old
Thanks Meter 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal_neov View Post
*bump*
i think people happy with cwm including me

vishal_android freak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3306
Twrp you will see soon with my omni rom next build.. Thanks to Attitude. Ssj and Gu5t3r, i was able to fix those minor but actually very major bugs.. Just wait for sometime till i fix wifi..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

My ROMs

| Pure Xperia HD, Official Carbon Rom 4.4.2, Unofficial Omni Rom 4.4.2, AOKP-4.4.2, Unofficial HellKat 4.4.2, Carbon Rom 4.3.1, Dark Xperia |

My Guides and Tools

| All in one drivers guide for ubislate tabs, CWM recovery for a13 tabs |

My kernel

| Super Fusion kernel for all HDPI devices |

Devices I Support

| All 2011 Xperias , Xperia M , Lg p760 and p765, Xperia Tipo, Xperia L |
The Following User Says Thank You to vishal_android freak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kushal_neov
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal_android freak View Post
Twrp you will see soon with my omni rom next build.. Thanks to Attitude. Ssj and Gu5t3r, i was able to fix those minor but actually very major bugs.. Just wait for sometime till i fix wifi..

Thanks a loads lot man I've misssed twrp alot ever since i switched to jb . But is there really no way by which twrp can be installed on any rom like cwm...(enlighten me please )

vishal_android freak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3306
Quote:
Thanks a loads lot man I've misssed twrp alot ever since i switched to jb . But is there really no way by which twrp can be installed on any rom like cwm...(enlighten me please )
You can do.. If you know unpacking/repacking of kernel.. Just unpack any kernel and then unpack ramdisk and in /sbin replace the "ramdisk-recovery.cpio" with my TWRP "ramdisk-recovery.cpio".. Repack ramdisk and make boot.img and flash.. Done..

My ROMs

| Pure Xperia HD, Official Carbon Rom 4.4.2, Unofficial Omni Rom 4.4.2, AOKP-4.4.2, Unofficial HellKat 4.4.2, Carbon Rom 4.3.1, Dark Xperia |

My Guides and Tools

My kernel

Devices I Support

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vishal_android freak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kushal_neov
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
You can do.. If you know unpacking/repacking of kernel.. Just unpack any kernel and then unpack ramdisk and in /sbin replace the "ramdisk-recovery.cpio" with my TWRP "ramdisk-recovery.cpio".. Repack ramdisk and make boot.img and flash.. Done..
I tried it with lupus ics kernel twrp recovery and packed it into cm10.1 kernel...(I dont see that should be a problem, or is it? ) When i went into recovery i saw that recovery was mirrored vertically on the screen (I pressed 'Install' on left part of the screen and the 'Install on right part also got pressed..Its usable but kinda weird)
Any idea how i can fix that?

Attitude.SSJ
Old
Thanks Meter 881
Quote:
I tried it with lupus ics kernel twrp recovery and packed it into cm10.1 kernel...(I dont see that should be a problem, or is it? ) When i went into recovery i saw that recovery was mirrored vertically on the screen (I pressed 'Install' on left part of the screen and the 'Install on right part also got pressed..Its usable but kinda weird)
Try with the recovery which vishal will release in his omni rom... That works on 10.1 too...

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Attitude.SSJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vishal_android freak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3306
Quote:
There are certain flags that are set for twrp to work..may be touch related orientation flags have been used in lupus twrp as it is old afaik.. Latest is 2.6, it's 2.4 may be

My ROMs

My Guides and Tools

My kernel

Devices I Support

kushal_neov
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
There are certain flags that are set for twrp to work..may be touch related orientation flags have been used in lupus twrp as it is old afaik.. Latest is 2.6, it's 2.4 may be

yes it was 2.4.4.0 twrp...anyway i'll try your twrp from the next build..