5,599,135 Members 34,889 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bootloop, no NAND backup (I know I'm dumb), can't mount /data, can't flash w Odin

Tip us?

artificial3089
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Bootloop, no NAND backup (I know I'm dumb), can't mount /data, can't flash w Odin

Ok, going to try to cover all my bases up front. Here's the whole story.

I rooted my phone and loaded CyanogenMod about 2 days ago. It's way too easy, vastly improved the operation of my phone, so why not? Went off without a hitch. I've been informed that I should have done a NAND Backup, but I had no idea at the time.

About 4 hours ago my wife changed our phone numbers to a local area code after putting it off for the last year. I call Sprint because we're getting Error 16 Switch 386. Turns out you can just update the System Profile on the stock software, but after looking around for a while, turns out you can't in CyanogenMod. I'm like, "Ok, well I'll just put the stock software back on."

So, I try and I try and I try, but it keeps failing. I can still get back in to CyanogenMod, but ODIN won't let me flash any sofware onto my device. Well, one of the times I go to try to make it work I accidentally hit NAND Erase All. Now I'm stuck in a boot loop. I can boot in to recovery and download, but when I try to mount /data to do a factory reset, it can't. Cannot mount /data. Awesome. Now I'm getting into Re-partitioning this piece, which I seem to have successfully done once, but now I still can't flash any software to the phone because this:

<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/006> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/006> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

And here we are. I've tried using different cords, different USB ports, restarting the phone and my computer, different versions of ODIN.

My .pit is CSB_signed_Fusion3_EUR_0325_V2.pit, and my .md5 is \L720VPUAMDC_L720SPTAMDC_L720VPUAMDC_HOME.tar.md5

I'm not trying to go crazy, I just wanted the bloatware and background bull off of my phone. Now I probably have a brick in my pocket.

bignick1215
Old
(Last edited by bignick1215; 27th December 2013 at 08:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 74
What firmware were you running when you rooted?? 4.2 or 4.3? If it was 4.3 you need to make sure that the file your trying to flash is a 4.3 (mja or mk2) file!

The tar you posted is MDC if you were on mja or higher this is your problem and you have go back to that!

Here's a link to the tar files I mentioned!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2509605 Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

artificial3089
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignick1215 View Post
What firmware were you running when you rooted?? 4.2 or 4.3? If it was 4.3 you need to make sure that the file your trying to flash is a 4.3 (mja or mk2) file!

The tar you posted is MDC if you were on mja or higher this is your problem and you have go back to that!

Here's a link to the tar files I mentioned!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2509605 Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
It was definitely on 4.3. I just started a download for the MJA. Is that the one I need, then?

bignick1215
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Should work! If not try the mk2 but I think this will fix ya!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

artificial3089
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignick1215 View Post
Should work! If not try the mk2 but I think this will fix ya!

Good news and bad news. The new process/files worked, but now I'm stuck on the Sprint boot screen. I'm going to keep poking around because this is much better than where I was at an hour and a half ago, but I've still got a ways to go.

artificial3089
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So I did a factory reset, still got the Error mounting /data! message. Pulled the battery, did it again, successfully reset, phone is back to normal. Thanks a ton, homie.

bignick1215
Old
Thanks Meter 74
No problem!!