5,599,394 Members 37,898 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Which mail app can swipe a message from notification panel to mark it as read ?

Tip us?

iautran
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Which mail app can swipe a message from notification panel to mark it as read ?

Hi,

I am searching for a good mail app.
I am receiving many emails from different accounts (approx 6 different accounts) and I would like to have a way to read the emails from the notification panel and mark them as "read" or "delete".

And, in the mail app, the best will be with a consolidated view for unread messages.

I don't want an application that "proxifies" our data (man in the middle; and they have the password of our mailbox).

Which mail app do you use ?

Thank you

Drhedphuk
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by iautran View Post
Hi,

I am searching for a good mail app.
I am receiving many emails from different accounts (approx 6 different accounts) and I would like to have a way to read the emails from the notification panel and mark them as "read" or "delete".

And, in the mail app, the best will be with a consolidated view for unread messages.

I don't want an application that "proxifies" our data (man in the middle; and they have the password of our mailbox).

Which mail app do you use ?

Thank you

Hi try Mail Wise or Cloudmagic both available in the Play Store

iautran
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drhedphuk View Post
Hi try Mail Wise or Cloudmagic both available in the Play Store
Thank you for your answer.
Cloudmagic is quite expensive if I have more than 3 mail accounts; moreover my emails wil be stored on their server (:-/)

Mail Wise seems nice but not available in Play store for my country. I tried to use MarketEnabler to specify a [US] T Mobile value but stil doesnt work.

If you have any other idea or good app, let met know.

Thank you

lexluthor
Old
Thanks Meter 109
K-9 is probably one of the most popular mail apps and it has options for mark read and delete in the notification panel.

Drhedphuk
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
K-9 is probably one of the most popular mail apps and it has options for mark read and delete in the notification panel.

I agree, although there are problems with some devices using it, as I experienced. If you also have problems try K-@mail made by the same devs I believe.

dramkler
Old
(Last edited by dramkler; 27th December 2013 at 12:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Default Mail app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drhedphuk View Post
I agree, although there are problems with some devices using it, as I experienced. If you also have problems try K-@mail made by the same devs I believe.

Me too agree! Also K9 is open source. You can downloaded from F-Droid market and with APG app you can firm o encrypt your e-mail message.

Also the default mail, which come with android gapp, can mark as read from the notification bar. It depends on your rom version.

Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to dramkler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]