5,599,394 Members 37,898 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Which mail app can swipe a message from notification panel to mark it as read ?

Tip us?
 
iautran
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 17
Join Date: Aug 2013
Question [Q] Which mail app can swipe a message from notification panel to mark it as read ?

Hi,

I am searching for a good mail app.
I am receiving many emails from different accounts (approx 6 different accounts) and I would like to have a way to read the emails from the notification panel and mark them as "read" or "delete".

And, in the mail app, the best will be with a consolidated view for unread messages.

I don't want an application that "proxifies" our data (man in the middle; and they have the password of our mailbox).

Which mail app do you use ?

Thank you
 
Drhedphuk
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 251
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iautran View Post
Hi,

I am searching for a good mail app.
I am receiving many emails from different accounts (approx 6 different accounts) and I would like to have a way to read the emails from the notification panel and mark them as "read" or "delete".

And, in the mail app, the best will be with a consolidated view for unread messages.

I don't want an application that "proxifies" our data (man in the middle; and they have the password of our mailbox).

Which mail app do you use ?

Thank you

Hi try Mail Wise or Cloudmagic both available in the Play Store
 
iautran
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 17
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drhedphuk View Post
Hi try Mail Wise or Cloudmagic both available in the Play Store
Thank you for your answer.
Cloudmagic is quite expensive if I have more than 3 mail accounts; moreover my emails wil be stored on their server (:-/)

Mail Wise seems nice but not available in Play store for my country. I tried to use MarketEnabler to specify a [US] T Mobile value but stil doesnt work.

If you have any other idea or good app, let met know.

Thank you
 
lexluthor
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 109
Posts: 1,304
Join Date: Feb 2007
K-9 is probably one of the most popular mail apps and it has options for mark read and delete in the notification panel.
 
Drhedphuk
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 251
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
K-9 is probably one of the most popular mail apps and it has options for mark read and delete in the notification panel.


I agree, although there are problems with some devices using it, as I experienced. If you also have problems try K-@mail made by the same devs I believe.
 
dramkler
Old
(Last edited by dramkler; 27th December 2013 at 12:52 PM.)
#6  
dramkler's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 13
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lecco
Default Mail app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drhedphuk View Post
I agree, although there are problems with some devices using it, as I experienced. If you also have problems try K-@mail made by the same devs I believe.

Me too agree! Also K9 is open source. You can downloaded from F-Droid market and with APG app you can firm o encrypt your e-mail message.

Also the default mail, which come with android gapp, can mark as read from the notification bar. It depends on your rom version.

Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to dramkler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

A More Competitive Spin on the Addictive 2048 Puzzle

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we talked about a rather interesting take on … more

Multiboot in Progress for the Sony Xperia Z1

As we’ve mentioned quite a few times in the past, multiboot is quite the interesting … more

Samsung EFS Tool Updated to V5, Brings Universal Device Support

You may recall that we’ve talked about XDA Recognized Contributor … more

Say Goodbye to Holo Blue Once and for All

When Google released Android 4.4 KitKat back in October of last year, they changed quite a bit … more