5,606,151 Members 36,551 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bad bootloader? Stuck on blue kindle fire screen.

Tip us?

ABrich
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bad bootloader? Stuck on blue kindle fire screen.

I really hope I can find someone to help me get this working.

Kindle fire hd 8.9

Ive been going around in circles for about two days trying to get CM10.2 on this thing. I've done a ton of reading and have reflashed probably a dozen times.

So, firstly I've installed HFFirstAide, used this program to downgrade to firmware 8.2.1. Then I disabled the auto update, turned on adb and allowing 3rd party installations (cant remember the acronym atm).

Then I rooted my device, transferred fireflash11.apk
kfhd8-freedom-boot-8.4.6
dfhd8-twrp-w.6.3.1-recovery
the stack override file
cm-10.2-20131115-UNOFFICIAL-jem.zip
gapps-kk-20131209

I should mention that i performed a md5 check on all of the files and they were fine.

After installing and running fireflash, and plugging the freedom boot and twrp into their slots (yes I checked the boxes as well), I ran the program and rebooted into recovery. Once there I did a backup, wipe of my cache, system, data, and devlik cache (ive also tried just a cache and a devlik wipe, factory reset ect. I've done this about 20 times.)

I then installed the cm zip and rebooted. (doing a wipe on subsequent attempts didn't make a difference).

Every single time I get stuck on the blue kindle fire logo. I can still access twrp and after restoring i get the same freezup. Only thing i can do from here is use kffirstaide to reinstall factory os.

I've tried other firmware zips with the same result. Lastly I tried just installing twrp and did a reboot without flashing a rom (i read somewhere that you could have twrp and amazon os no problem), and it still sticks on that same screen.

What am I doing wrong here?

ABrich
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Finally worked on the 22nd try.

mods please delete

androvista
Old
Thanks Meter 282
What you were doing wrong was that you posted the message in the wrong forum. Anyone who did not read you have a kindle fire HD 8.9 and gave your advice, your device could have been bricked

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app

Hey, I'm androvista, head of the InFriction ROM team.
InFriction ROM team head - androvista is AwesomePress the Thanks button To Support my Hard Work