[Q] Help with installing custom rom

Tip us?

thelast3lack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default [Q] Help with installing custom rom

Hi
I have this phone, and I want to install MIUI ROM.
Now, I have 2.3.4 (I think 1.45 firmware or something like this).
I made phone S-OFF (HBOOT 1.18 and used revolutionary).
First question: Do I have to unlock my bootloader, also? Because I can't, even <fastboot oem get_identifier_token> doesn't work.
Now, I have download MIUI 3.12.20 from this forum (download link was from official MIUI site).
I Installed recover (CWM), then went into it, wiped system,dalvik,cache and installed MIUI. but it just came till MIUI logo and reboots after a couple of seconds.
So, how to install this rom?
Signature? What the hell is that?

Mile_zdr
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelast3lack View Post
Hi
I have this phone, and I want to install MIUI ROM.
Now, I have 2.3.4 (I think 1.45 firmware or something like this).
I made phone S-OFF (HBOOT 1.18 and used revolutionary).
First question: Do I have to unlock my bootloader, also? Because I can't, even <fastboot oem get_identifier_token> doesn't work.
Now, I have download MIUI 3.12.20 from this forum (download link was from official MIUI site).
I Installed recover (CWM), then went into it, wiped system,dalvik,cache and installed MIUI. but it just came till MIUI logo and reboots after a couple of seconds.
So, how to install this rom?
You need to upgrade your firmware to 3.33 universal with that you will have unlocked (3.33 firmware) bootloader
You have gb hboot 1.18.000 thats the problem you need to upgrade your firmware to 3.33 universal here is the link from the thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post21711154 make sure to check md5 sum of the downloaded zip, Read the procedure from the link carefully
HTC Sensation 4G T-Mobile USA
3.33 Firmware,S-off
Current Rom -ViperS 5.1.0 (4.1.2-Sense 5) Nothing is impossible!

Hit that Thanks button if in some way helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to Mile_zdr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thelast3lack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile_zdr View Post
You need to upgrade your firmware to 3.33 universal with that you will have unlocked (3.33 firmware) bootloader
You have gb hboot 1.18.000 thats the problem you need to upgrade your firmware to 3.33 universal here is the link from the thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post21711154 make sure to check md5 sum of the downloaded zip, Read the procedure from the link carefully
Thanks, but link is not complete. It has ... in it.
Anyway I found that 3.33, and flashed it. Then flashed recovery (It removed recovery), then MIUI. It worked!
Thanks again.
Signature? What the hell is that?
Tags
miui, rom