XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stables weekly

Tip us?

kalokagathia
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Stables weekly

Hello guys. First of all I'd like to say I'm a big of of the work of yours. I have PAC on every device I own.
Anyways, I'd like to ask you why don't you make stables weekly, in any amount of time with some release that you know that will not bug or cause harm.

I mean, I know you guys do your best in every single nightly, but me as a every day normal user, I feel skeptical about updating the ROM because sometimes I forgot to backup something or I ended up upgrading while I'm commuting and the nightly of the day comes full of bugs and I end losoing some important file.

I'm sorry, I guess you guys have heard this question before, but I have to suggest you that.

iurnait
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 963
Thing is, there is simply no way that PAC can extensively test the rom on all 100+ devices every week to put out a "stable" build that guarantees to be bug free. One suggestion for people like you who want stable builds could be to just flash the rom once a week or once every other week. The posts on the thread for your device should give you a pretty good indicator as to any new bugs on the builds.

Cypher_01
Old
Thanks Meter 4
The release builds for the Nexus 4 for example are ony release canditates, milestones, tries and they are pretty old. I know, that it's way too much work to build weekly stables for all devices, but are there any plans to create stable release builds of PACman with Android 4.3 for any devices?

I love this Rom and your work and understand, that it's not easy to merge 3 Roms together. But the bugs appearing are a little annoying and sometimes make the device almost unusable (touchscreen doesn't respond anymore, no inputs possible, need to force shutdown and cold reboot).

I would love to get a more stable build of PACman.