XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing questions

Tip us?

ffp.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default [Q] Flashing questions

Hi, i got my Sony Xperia Z1 today and I want to do all the tweaking and flashing things. So, according to what i read i should do the following:

1- Root phone with some root program

2- Backup TA and DRM keys: don't know what drm keys are, neither how to backup them...

3- Update to ftf .290 (4.3)

4- Unlock Boot loader: Will this void warranty? Saw people saying that with TA backed up I can restore warranty as well, but at sony website it says it will void. Can someone clarify this to me?

5- Root again: Why should i root again? In which previous step I lose root?

6- Flash kernel with flashtool (or adb): Which are the best kernels? I will flash doomlord kernel for now

7- Flash custom rom: This is my main question. Which are the best 4.3 roms? I'm taking a look at iHacker, Monx, and PAC. Looks like PAC doesn't have camera working, can someone confirm that? About iHacker and Monx, there isn't a bug list, so i wonder if they are perfectly working, including camera..

Thanks

cippi21
Old
Thanks Meter 78
1 yea root phone

2 yea backup your TA and DRM there is a tut on the forum just search

3 yea update to 4.3 so u can unlock your bl without losing camera function

4 yea it will void your warranty and ya you can relock your bl with your keys there is a tut for that too

5 u have too because u loose root when u update but it is still a work in progress so read around and see what method works

6 doom I think is the way to go

7 try then out and see which one is better for you...I haven't used any of them so I don't know what bugs they have

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

ffp.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cippi21 View Post
1 yea root phone

2 yea backup your TA and DRM there is a tut on the forum just search

3 yea update to 4.3 so u can unlock your bl without losing camera function

4 yea it will void your warranty and ya you can relock your bl with your keys there is a tut for that too

5 u have too because u loose root when u update but it is still a work in progress so read around and see what method works

6 doom I think is the way to go

7 try then out and see which one is better for you...I haven't used any of them so I don't know what bugs they have

4- But if i relock will i get my warranty back? I mean, they will be capable of knowing that I unlockd in the first place?

7- So you are using stock? I'll ask in the roms thread for what works. Just thought that asking once here would be better =)

Thanks for the answers!

cippi21
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffp. View Post
4- But if i relock will i get my warranty back? I mean, they will be capable of knowing that I unlockd in the first place?

7- So you are using stock? I'll ask in the roms thread for what works. Just thought that asking once here would be better =)

Thanks for the answers!
Well from what I read around yea they will be able to because they ask for your imei no when u want to unlock and they store it...not sure tho so maybe just wait until someone else confirms this...yes I'm still on stock