XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooting OTA VS980B

Tip us?

timenewton
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Rooting OTA VS980B

Anyone figure out how to root the new OTA? It wont allow root with the old flash way since its new OTA

jea508
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by timenewton View Post
Anyone figure out how to root the new OTA? It wont allow root with the old flash way since its new OTA
Yes use the new IOROOT15 to root the device. But I have been unsuccessful in flashing any roms, however I did get twrp to work with FreeGee app in the android market.
The Following User Says Thank You to jea508 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

timenewton
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I appreciate your help very much, thank you

btm fdr
Old
Thanks Meter 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by jea508 View Post
Yes use the new IOROOT15 to root the device. But I have been unsuccessful in flashing any roms, however I did get twrp to work with FreeGee app in the android market.
What version of twrp? Sounds like you may need to update.

Sent from my LG-D800
Device LG G2
Rom AeonFlex
Kernel Stock
Recovery TWRP

jea508
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by btm fdr View Post
What version of twrp? Sounds like you may need to update.

Sent from my LG-D800
Im still using the twrp that was flashed with freegee. i'm a newb to all this. Maybe i should flash new version of twrp and try. I was trying to install the mal 4.2.2 rom and just got lg screen, then black.

jea508
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jea508 View Post
Im still using the twrp that was flashed with freegee. i'm a newb to all this. Maybe i should flash new version of twrp and try. I was trying to install the mal 4.2.2 rom and just got lg screen, then black.
I've been unsuccessful in getting any roms to work. I tried 4.2.2 rom and got lg screen then black, had to restore nand backup from twrp recovery but it was hellish to get into, had to do the hold vol+pwr precisely, almost gave up. So, reverted to a backup just fine.

Next tried to loki_flash recovery 2.6.3.1 (then was going to do them in order-2.6.3.2>2.6.3.3 [have not tried going directly to 2.6.3.3) and was hit with an unsupported aboot error (device mismatch).

So now i'm going to try and use flash tool to revert back to 11A, root, install twrp (I hope this is possible and I don't brick my phone [i'm new to all of this])

Anyone tell me if this is an acceptable option to proceed? Thank's in advance.

Steamer86
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Acceptable. KDZ to 11A.

jea508
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Just wanted to post I was successful using lg flash tool to revert to 11A, rooted, freegee twrp, flashed 2.6.3.3, flashed OSE ROM. Everything is well ATM!

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk