5,594,282 Members 43,072 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to access Android data from Touch in dual-boot.

Tip us?

Zampson
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to access Android data from Touch in dual-boot.

I set up the dual boot on my Maguro, and I want to have a shared directory to drop my music into that will play on both Ubuntu touch and CM 10.2. However, I cannot find the ubuntu data folder from Android. I understand that there is supposed to be an ubuntu folder in /data from the android side, but I don't see it. On the Ubuntu side, I can see everything in my home folder, but when I go up to filesystem, I see nothing, and can't go any further up. Any ideas?

MTN_HD2
Old
Thanks Meter 158
i used ES for this. check root explorer then go up to /data/. you'll find ubuntu's user & system data folders. as for ubuntu, since /data is mounted there must be a way to see the files in android. i think with root permission you might be able to do it . my terminal app doesn't work (trusty r79, already a thread for it) and my ssh connections are rejected. i'll report back when i get it to work
there should be a way (using root ofcourse) to make both OSes see each other's user space (again after i get my terminal working i'll see if i can find something)
Nexus 4
Android : CM 10.2
Ubuntu Touch : Trusty r108
The Following User Says Thank You to MTN_HD2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zampson
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ES worked well for this. Once I found /data/user-data/phablet/Music, I just moved all my music into it, and set a custom path in VLC to point there. It's not as nice as being able to share the whole user space between OS's, but it works well enough for me.