XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] XT912 CM11 4.4.2 not seeing new files in system

Tip us?

superkitkat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] XT912 CM11 4.4.2 not seeing new files in system

I have a Razr Maxx that is running CM11 nightly (12-25-13) 4.4.2 build, and I always enjoy having the Droid ringtone, along with a custom startup animation, which in my case, is the default one for the Razr Maxx, since I enjoy having the feel of a Droid, without having an official Droid ROM.

Anyway, the problem is that whenever I copy anything to the system folder, such as a ringtone, or a custom startup animation, the system acts as if it can't see it. (Just letting you know, I never had this problem with 4.3 roms and earlier, and I do the same procedure for all roms I've had)

For example, I copied Droid.ogg into my ringtones folder, and rebooted my device, then went to settings, sounds, and looked for it in the menu list of sounds, and it didn't show up at all. I went to Root explorer, and the file WAS there. I changed the permissions to fit exactly as the other sound files had it, and still, nothing. I then noticed this problem with anything I do with the system folder having a new file being copied over. THe system would recognize that the file exists, but according to settings, and any application outside of a file managing application, Android wouldn't see it. I replaced the default CM startup animation with the one from the Droid Razr Maxx's JB 4.1.2 stock ROM, and instead of Android using it upon startup, (like the 4.3.1 and earlier ROMS) would, instead, a default animation came up.

My thoughts are thinking that 4.4 maybe had a permissions change, or maybe a setting I haven't touched, but I am not entirely sure of this. I really would like to find a way for this to get fixed, or maybe I just have to wait for a new nightly to be out.

Any thoughts?

jansen111
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I also had this problem running CM11 on my one x, it is indeed a change in permissions.
Used root browser to access my ringtones when i noticed that the stock ones had different permissions than the ones i pasted in there, changed that and everything worked fine afterwards.

Hope this helps